|Location||2730 Irving Blvd., Dallas|
|Date Posted||July 12, 2021|
Andrews Distributing is looking for a Communications Specialist who is passionate about sharing stories, fostering a fun and fulfilling experience for everyone at Andrews, and innovating within the world of internal communications. The Andrews Communications team develops, implements and maintains strategic communications programs in support of business and culture priorities. The Communications Specialist is responsible for maintaining Andrews’ corporate voice, brand standards and values in all communications produced. Whether it’s engagement campaigns, executive communications, project and change communications, beer news or team member resource information, there’s always something new to tackle!
Here at Andrews, we believe purpose matters, and our stated purpose is “serving one another in pursuit of being our best.” Are you looking for ways to serve others and discover your best? Do you want to thrive in an environment where you feel appreciated, valued and challenged? Let’s take a closer look at the role of Communications Specialist to determine if this opportunity is right for you!
Here’s what you will do…
- Develops, produces, and provides guidance for internal communications content on a variety of communications channels.
- Supports content and user experience for internal communications channels, including intranet and text messaging system.
- Creates and executes department-specific campaigns ensuring alignment with company communication guidelines and meeting communication goals (e.g., Cybersecurity Month, Open Enrollment)
- Writes and designs business-critical communications for all company departments.
- Responsible for individual team member communication regarding new hires, promotions, and organizational transitions.
- Supports and builds company presentations.
- Create content and support creation of company newsletter, Celebration.
- Plans, creates, and executes communications strategies that engage, enable, and inspire Andrews team members.
- Contribute to continued maintenance and oversight of content calendar.
- Support quarterly and annual internal communications strategic planning.
- Supports development of leadership/strategic-level communications to ensure consistent and concise message delivery.
- Understands the business strategies for assigned stakeholders and defines strategic communications plans in support of business goals and priorities.
- Collaborates cross-functionally on company projects; plans and creates communication deliverables to execute against plan; guides communication strategy discussions; supports other project team members with deliverables; and challenges overall goals to create understanding and adoption across the entire company.
- Schedules, facilitates, and leads cross-functional meetings to gain clarity and alignment on communications goals, needs and expectations.
- Works with external videographers and animators to produce videos in support of company projects.
- Exercises sound business judgment and handles confidential information with sensitivity.
- Stays abreast of communications industry trends.
- Researches new/potential communications channels, external vendors (e.g., 2D animators, emergency mass notification systems, etc.).
- Proactively and continuously focuses on process and quality improvement.
This list is not all inclusive of other tasks and subtasks that may be necessary in performing this role, but rather an overview of the role’s primary work tasks.
Here’s what you must have to be considered for this role…
- College Degree (Bachelors) in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, English or Other Related Field
- At least 3+ Years Corporate Communications Experience; Internal and External Communications
- Proven Ability to Develop Cohesive Narratives That Can Tell Compelling Stories both Internally and Externally
- Expert Knowledge of MS Office, AP Style and Social Media Monitoring and Responding Technologies
Here’s what we hope you have…
- Change Management Experience
- Project Management Experience
Physical Requirements & Essential Functions
- Ability to maintain a sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time and operate computer equipment.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and twist is required for filing and general office duties.
- Exerts up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and/or negligible amount frequently to move office-related items or materials.
- Ability to use a personal computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and other forms of documentation using company and industry software.
- Ability to speak, hear, and see is required to communicate with employees, and to operate computers and office machinery.
- Hand-eye coordination and fine manipulation skills are necessary to operate computers and various office equipment.
- Continual hand/wrist motion is required to operate computers and office machinery.
- Ability to perform job functions in compliance with company policies and procedures, including safety policies and best practices
Apply at www.andrewsdistributing.com