|Date Posted||September 6, 2019|
The Southlake Way
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity with a premier organization? We are searching for a world class professional ready to serve our world class community!
The City of Southlake is a place where we come together to enrich the quality of life for those who live, work, and play here. We strive to exceed expectations by delivering memorable experiences, world class services, and a thoughtfully planned, well-maintained City. The Southlake Way inspires us to respectfully deliver excellent services, creating positive and lasting impressions. Learn more about our values here.
What You Will Be Doing
Our professionals are the most important resource in our service commitment to our customers. We nurture a progressive environment where challenging, empowered, and purposeful work is celebrated.
The Communications & Marketing Manager plans and manages the development, implementation, and administration of corporate communication and marketing for the City, with both internal and external stakeholders. This is accomplished by developing corporate communication and marketing initiatives to promote brand messages, foster involvement and heighten awareness of municipal programs, services, initiatives and events; managing the corporate websites for corporate content and standards, as assigned; coordinating internal communication activities designed to provide current and upcoming information to City employees; and managing the City's brand identity. Other functions include:
- Corporate Communication Program Oversight: Oversees and coordinates corporate multi-media communication initiatives by preparing and producing materials designed to promote and provide information regarding all aspects of municipal operations and services. Plans, directs, and executes corporate communication initiatives, including internal and external communication. Produces and manages the corporate/business unit editorial calendar, managing messaging accordingly. Serves as Chair of the City's cross-departmental Key Communication Team and provides support to staff serving on the committee. Coordinates the development of e-publications for use by the public or employees. Coordinates publicity plans and writes columns, letters and speeches. Develops press releases and other public notification as needed. Analyzes data in order to help shape future communication strategies.
- Communication Content Creation and Management: Creates content for use in print, electronic, digital, web and social media platforms. Designs, produces and updates media materials to inform the public and City employees of events, programs and services within the City. Provides updates, maintenance, and creative input into City websites (as assigned) and social media pages. Effectively uses principles of written communication, graphical layout and multimedia techniques appropriate to web-based and print communication, ensuring that work products are clear, usable, error free and effectively convey the intended messages and information.
- Marketing Program Management: Identifies, develops, and implements corporate marketing programs. Develops professional promotional materials (publications, social media, website, merchandise, etc.) appropriate for representing the City in a variety of marketing formats. Implements new programs and projects as required. Assists in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversions rates, traffic, etc.) as well as performance metrics in order to help shape future marketing strategies.
- Brand Identity Management: Manages the City's brand identity and professional visibility, ensuring strong branding elements are integrated into all communication assets. Monitors branding performance metrics related to marketing initiatives and adjusts strategies when warranted. Implements corporate branding initiatives and provides oversight for business unit/department branding efforts.
- Social Media: Crafts social media strategy and implementation plans for communication and marketing efforts. Provides oversight of social media sites to ensure branded, integrated approach. Ensures social media sites are managed with strong marketing principles. Actively monitors pages for comments and questions posted by the public and coordinates timely responses as needed.
The Benefits of Working Here
- Competitive pay and exceptional medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Retirement program (TMRS) with City matching 2:1
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday pay
- City paid LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Longevity Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Champions Club Membership Discount (resident rate)
- Ongoing training
- City provided certifications
- Employee Assistance Program
What You Bring To Us
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or similar field. A Bachelor's degree in an area other than above, commensurate with the required experience in a closely related position, is acceptable.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible professional work experience in public relations/communications/marketing or a minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible professional work experience in print and/or electronic journalism. Thorough working knowledge of and experience with the principles and practices of public relations, marketing, and journalism.
- Ability to remain flexible with your schedule.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays for City Council/Boards and Commissions meetings, and other community events.
- You work for the greater good of the City and live the values every day.
- You graciously serve those who live, work, and play here.
- You are a good steward of City resources and are empowered to make decisions aligned with the City's strategy.
- You anticipate customer needs and relentlessly pursue solutions.
- You take pride in your work. It's your community!
- You are warm and sincere and listen with empathy.
- You own the experience and make each moment memorable.