|Location||1500 N. Main Street, Ste. 200, Fort Worth|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
If you are looking for a fulfilling and rewarding job United Way of Tarrant County is the place for you. Every day, we work tirelessly to solve some of the most pressing social challenges in our community. This past year, United Way of Tarrant County assisted more than 550,000 people impacted by COVID-19 and helped thousands more affected by Winter Storm Uri as well as others who found themselves in need. We are expanding our staff so we can continue our important work throughout the community.
We currently are searching for an experienced Communications & Marketing Associate. As a key member of the team, you will develop external communications content for United Way of Tarrant County’s website, blogs, social media posts, media releases and advisories, email marketing, and advertising (print and digital). You also will execute social media content and media relations campaigns, as well as assist with the implementation of special events.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day activities on social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube; develop content, maintain social media calendar and execute social media content.
- Manage social media analytics reporting and identify key insights and ideas to optimize social channels performance; monitor and stay informed of key social trends within the industry.
- Contribute to website maintenance including creating and updating content as needed.
- Create content for media relations campaigns; development of press releases, media advisories, and other materials; distribute media relations materials; pitch and secure traditional and online media coverage; manage media and influencer relations.
- Create content for other external communications including newsletters and stakeholder outreach.
- Assist with the execution of special events.
- Partner with other members of the department in the development and execution of various integrated marketing campaigns (broadcast, print, online, email, social media, etc.).
- Foster close working relationships within the team and other departments in the organization.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (No Sponsorship)
- At least 2-4 years of public relations and/or marketing experience, including media relations, digital/social media content creation and management.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally.
- Be a proactive, self-motivated project manager with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to accept creative direction, constructive criticism and guidance, while offering alternative design solutions to solve problems.
- Technical expertise in HTML, WordPress CMS, CSS, most Adobe Creative Cloud applications a plus.
- Bachelor level degree in marketing, advertising or communications strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in a similar role required.
- Valid Texas driver’s license, minimum auto liability insurance and reliable transportation required
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- A high energy, results-oriented self-starter with little supervision required
- An individual with the utmost professional and personal integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative drive for reaching the next great idea
- Outstanding collaboration skills through effective communication
- Business savvy with the ability to engage, influence, access risk, issues and priorities
- Personal values consistent with United Way mission
Normal work hours- Monday-Friday 7-4 PM, 8-5 PM or 9-6PM; May require some evenings, weekends for special events.
The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a traditional office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Although remote work is permitted for this position, the individual must reside primarily in North Texas with the ability to work from the office or other required location on a daily basis if needed.
About United Way of Tarrant County
For almost 100 years United Way of Tarrant County has worked to improve the lives of those in the communities we serve. As a nonprofit leader, we partner with companies, organizations, schools, religious institutions and city/state and local governments to fulfill our mission of providing leadership and harnessing resources to solve Tarrant County’s toughest social issues. We also serve as the regional grantee for Tarrant County’s Area Agency on Aging (AAA).
United Way of Tarrant County and AAA employ approximately 70 people dedicated to our mission. Through their efforts, our Campaign and the generosity of individual donors and foundations, we provide resources and funding to more than 40 partner agencies that focus on education, financial stability and health and wellbeing.
Please use this link to paycom to apply online.