|Location||6801 Gaylord Parkway Suite 401, Frisco|
|Date Posted||July 20, 2022|
Under general direction of the CVB Director of Marketing & Communications, the CVB Communications Coordinator supports communications and public relations efforts for the Frisco Convention and Visitor’s Bureau (CVB), including media relations and outreach, event planning, tactic execution, and reporting.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions & Other Important Duties
- Assists the CVB Director of Marketing and Communications in the execution of communications and public relations plans and tactics that create awareness of Frisco as a top destination for leisure, meetings and conventions, and sports travelers.
- Consults regularly with the Director of Marketing & Communications, agencies, and applicable staff on communications needs in advance of and during the launch of dedicated campaigns and special promotions.
- Assists the Director of Marketing and Communications with the coordination of work related to communications and public relations initiatives within targets markets.
- Works with the Director of Marketing and Communications to thoroughly vet or respond to media requests for information, photography, and/or visits to the destination.
- Writes and ensures effective dissemination of blogs, e-newsletters, and other content for the website publicizing the destination. Uploads to and maintains content on the CBV website.
- Reviews and edits copy and content materials, including blog posts, collateral, and presentations submitted by staff and agencies.
- Coordinates with local industry partners in developing story ideas and itineraries for media and the CVB blog.
- Plans and conducts familiarization tours (FAMs) and events involving media, bloggers and/or social media influencers. Hosts and escorts visiting media, as directed by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Maintains media lists and relationships for sports, meetings, and leisure media.
- Manages the implementation of public relations and blog content to a shared editorial calendar.
- Coordinates online contests and sweepstakes; working with partners to obtain in-kind prizes for distribution.
- Organizes and updates digital asset inventory (Media Hub) on CVB website.
- Logs and updates media, blogger, and social influencer requests, publicity, and media relations efforts in the CRM and other platforms. This includes ensuring industry partner in-kind support is recorded per procedures.
- Gathers results (e.g., campaigns, FAMs, PR monthly reports, media missions) from various sources to create media reports.
- Monitors coverage of the CVB, the destination, and events with potential to impact Frisco tourism and reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Provides fact checking services for articles pertaining to the destination.
- Maintains regular contact and foster relationships with key media, bloggers, and industry partners.
Other Important Duties
- Travels to attend tradeshows, meetings, conferences, and training.
- May be required to attend special events and meetings during evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Proficient writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency using social media programs, such as Cision, Klear, and Crowdriff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skills in public relations and communicating with a wide variety of people.
- Skills in organizing workflow and managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work under deadlines and stressful situations.
- Ability to define and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
Education, Experience, and Certifications/Licenses:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field and one (1) to two (2) years related media relations experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AP-style writing experience preferred.
- CRM or Simpleview experience preferred.
- Experience handling Texas media preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and MVR check.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Driver’s License.
Environmental Factors & Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in an office setting, off site, and at special events.
- May be subject to extended periods of standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, and lifting such as setting up for meetings and events, transporting audiovisual equipment, or materials and supplies.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions during special events, media briefings, or public emergencies.
- Crouching – bending body forward by bending leg, spine.
- Fingering – picking, pinching, typing, working with fingers rather than hand.
- Hearing 1 – perceiving sounds at normal speaking levels, receive information.
- Kneeling – bending legs at knee to come to rest at knees.
- Lifting – raising objects from lower to higher position, moving objects side to side, using upper extremities, back.
- Mental Acuity – ability to make rational decisions through sound logic, deductive reasoning.
- Reaching – extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Repetitive Motion – substantial movements of wrists, hands, fingers.
- Speaking – expressing ideas with spoken word, convey detailed, important instructions accurately, concisely.
- Stooping – bending body downward, forward at waist, with full motion of lower extremities and back.
- Talking 1 – expressing ideas by spoken word.
- Visual Acuity 1 – prepare, analyze data, transcribing, computer terminal, extensive reading.
- Walking – on foot to accomplish tasks, long distances, or site to site.
- Work performed is primarily light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, calculator, cell phone, camera, and video equipment, and department vehicles.
TO APPLY: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/friscotexas/jobs/3643111/cvb-communications-coordinator?keywords=cvb&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs