|Location||1500 N. Main Street, Suite 200, Fort Worth, TX|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2021|
Are you interested in joining a team of passionate, creative individuals seeking to use their talents to help people in the Tarrant County community?
United Way of Tarrant County is hiring an individual for the Communications and Marketing Associate position to develop external communications content for United Way of Tarrant County's website, blogs, social media posts, media releases and advisories, email marketing, and advertising (print and digital). The Associate also will execute social media content and media relations campaigns, as well as assist with the implementation of special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day activities on social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube; develop content, maintain social media calendar and execute social media content.
- Manage social media analytics reporting and identify key insights and ideas to optimize social channels performance; monitor and stay informed of key social trends within the industry.
- Contribute to website maintenance including creating and updating content as needed.
- Create content for media relations campaigns; development of press releases, media advisories, and other materials; distribute media relations materials; pitch and secure traditional and online media coverage; manage media and influencer relations.
- Create content for other external communications including newsletters and stakeholder outreach.
- Assist with the execution of special events.
- Partner with other members of the department in the development and execution of various integrated marketing campaigns (broadcast, print, online, email, social media, etc.).
- Foster close working relationships within the team and other departments in the organization.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (No Sponsorship)
- At least 2-4 years of public relations and/or marketing experience, including media relations, digital/social media content creation and management.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally.
- Be a proactive, self-motivated project manager with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to accept creative direction, constructive criticism and guidance, while offering alternative design solutions to solve problems.
- Technical expertise in HTML, WordPress CMS, CSS, most Adobe Creative Cloud applications a plus.
- Bachelor level degree in marketing, advertising or communications strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in a similar role required.
- Valid Texas drivers license, minimum auto liability insurance and reliable transportation required
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- A high energy, results-oriented self-starter with little supervision required
- An individual with the utmost professional and personal integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative drive for reaching the next great idea
- Outstanding collaboration skills through effective communication
- Business savvy with the ability to engage, influence, access risk, issues and priorities
- Personal values consistent with United Way mission
Qualified individuals are encouraged to learn more about the position and to apply on our website.