|Location||1500 N Main Street, Suite 200, Fort Worth|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2022|
Are you looking for a fulfilling and rewarding executive-level position allowing you to develop communications and marketing strategies in an exciting and innovative environment? United Way of Tarrant County is seeking our next Chief Communication and Marketing Officer (CCMO), and you may be the teammate for whom we are searching. Every day, we work tirelessly to solve some of the most pressing social challenges in our community. This past year, United Way of Tarrant County assisted more than 550,000 people impacted by COVID-19 and helped thousands more affected by Winter Storm Uri as well as others who found themselves in need. Are you prepared to help contribute to this important work throughout the community?
As a key member of our leadership teams, the Chief Communication and Marketing Officer should maintain a comprehensive view of the Organization as a whole, contributing to management of the Organization and fulfillment of our vision and mission. The CCMO will lead, manage, implement, and evaluate all marketing and communications strategies, including, but not limited to advertising, promotions, and public relations to support the marketing objectives and to maximize the positive exposure in local and national markets. The CCMO will be expected to lead creative development for a wide range of efforts that will impact the entire Organization. Additionally, the CCMO should connect people to the mission and purpose of United Way of Tarrant County so that it will continue to be seen as a relevant and necessary component of the broader social services community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Chief Communication and Marketing Officer plans and implement marketing and campaign development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally and through the oversight of teammates:
- Develops and implements a strategic marketing and communications plan and forecast in support of the Organizational strategy and objectives
- Drives fundraising results through innovative and thorough communication and marketing strategies, ensuring a Culture of Philanthropy throughout the organization
- Oversees corporate communications activities through internal and external communication systems, public relations efforts and external vendors and consultants
- Ensures consistent articulation of desired image, position, and message throughout the Organization internally and externally
- Develops and manages marketing operating budgets and ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive positions
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications
- Coordinates media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests
- Utilizes best-in-class technology capabilities for attainment of desired results
- Develops and delivers insightful presentations and strategies to the Organizations’ executive committee, management and board as appropriate
- Recruits, trains, appraises, supervises, supports, develops, promotes and guides qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer
- Works harmoniously with our board of directors and board committee members
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to translate business objectives and strategies to develop brand portfolio objectives, strategies and plans to facilitate organizational growth
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and grammatical skills, both verbal and written and experience with new media, internet advertising and social media
- Ability to oversee website development and management
- Ability to manage marketing engagement and advertising on major social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to develop project plans from inception through execution
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including the ability to attract, motivate and develop volunteers and staff
- Ability to design, implement, and facilitate annual marketing plans for the Organization based on knowledge of establishment policy, nature of market, copyright and royalty requirements, and cost factors
- Broad knowledge and understanding of marketing automation, advertisement and public relations systems development and deployment
- A strong insight to analytics and interpretation of data
- Ability to prepare presentations to explain the Organizations’ current and future marketing strategies
- Must have the ability to create strategic messaging, content development and branding connected to the Organizations’ strategy and goals
Must have at least 10 years of experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments within a Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations role. Bachelor level degree or master level degree in Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations or a related area are preferred and may be substituted for two years or three years of experience, respectively. At least 7 years of supervising, managing, and evaluating reporting staff is preferred.
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent leadership, team building, interpersonal and time management skills
- A high energy, results-oriented leader and must be a self-starter with little supervision required
- An individual with the utmost professional and personal integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative drive for reaching the next great idea
- Outstanding collaboration skills through effective communication
- Business savvy with the ability to engage, influence, access risk, issues and priorities
- A servant leader’s mindset
- Connected with the Tarrant County community outside of work responsibilities, including volunteering in leadership or board of director roles
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Chief Communication and Marketing Officer oversees all staff within the Marketing department, including up to three direct reports.
Additional requirements related to the job:
- Texas driver’s license, proper vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Reliable Internet access to support remote work.
Remote Work Arrangement: Although remote work is permitted for this position, the individual must reside primarily in Tarrant County with the ability to work from the office or other required location on a daily basis if needed.
About United Way of Tarrant County
For almost 100 years United Way of Tarrant County has worked to improve the lives of those in the communities we serve. As a nonprofit leader, we partner with companies, organizations, schools, religious institutions and city/state and local governments to fulfill our mission of providing leadership and harnessing resources to solve Tarrant County’s toughest social issues. We also serve as the regional grantee for Tarrant County’s Area Agency on Aging (AAA).
United Way of Tarrant County and AAA employ approximately 70 people dedicated to our mission. Through their efforts, our Campaign and the generosity of individual donors and foundations, we provide resources and funding to dozens of agencies that focus on education, financial stability, older adults and health and wellbeing.