|Location||14555 Dallas Parkway, Suite 100-242, Dallas|
|Date Posted||April 2, 2021|
QMobius, a brand marketing and public relations firm with a relentless focus on helping clients grow their businesses and build their brands, has a position open with a primary focus on consumer media relations. The ideal candidate is highly proficient and enthusiastic about all aspects of media relations, with the ability to find, develop and tell a strong and engaging story that hooks media – and consumer – interest. We are looking for a strong writer, trend spotter and creative brainstormer who isn’t afraid to share ideas and opinions, and who can lead our team, manage moving parts and keep deliverables on track.
We’re passionate about offering a nimble environment with a “work hard, play hard” mentality. Our team members can office from home or at our trendy coworking space, and they enjoy summer hours and generous paid time off -- 20 days/year plus eight paid holidays and one floating holiday. You can dress down unless we’re on show, and our team members are eligible for bonuses up to 10% of their base salary. Employees also receive a 401(k) with a 3% company contribution, paid maternity/paternity leave and comprehensive health, vision, dental, life, AD&D and LTD insurance, plus one paid professional membership to serve as a QMobius ambassador to a relevant organization.
The QMobius difference extends from how we service our clients. We value dedication, teamwork and commitment, as well as fun, learning and professional development. This is an opportunity to work with an awesome group of seasoned team members. For more on our award-winning agency, visit QMobius.com.
This position requires at least four years of experience supporting at least one national brand. Salary will depend on expertise and experience.
- Contributes to creation of plans to meet client objectives. Applies key client information, including general business strategy, industry trends and issues, products/services, key opinion leaders, customers and competitors.
- Demonstrates the ability to write, edit and proofread to create high quality internal and external, channel-appropriate communications content. Manages client correspondence (e.g., daily updates, activity reports).
- Demonstrates research abilities to support client programs and understands research techniques to assist with various processes, including analysis of media coverage and online conversation (volume and tone) and identification and categorization of various stakeholders, including organizations and individuals to be engaged by clients.
- Coordinates and helps plan national media outreach programs including tours, events, conferences, interviews and news media outreach. Cultivate media contacts and ensures targeted media lists. Pitches media and influencers. Manages media monitoring and analyzes results. Facilitates media requests and ensures they are handled in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates practical understanding of visual communications, desktop multimedia, social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these into client programs.
- Communicates effectively with team members.
- Manages multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence. Tracks and monitors financials (e.g., budget vs. actual).
- Effectively and consistently manages strengths and weaknesses of self and others; enables self and others to bring the best of their skills and talents to work; is consistently ambitious in setting and achieving goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or related field.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience supporting national brands or accounts.
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Clear understanding of the clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners, other businesses/organizations, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to help develop communication programming and plans, implement integrated tactics and impart knowledge to junior team members.
- Strong writing and story-telling skills. Excellent verbal communications skills and the ability to effectively communicate with team members and clients at all levels. Well versed in Associated Press (AP) Style.
- Strong research, writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to interact with clients professionally and maintain relationships with media members.
- Proven track record of earned media coverage and securing coverage in national, regional and local outlets.
- Experience with, and understanding of, integrated marketing efforts, including knowledge of social media, new trends, pop-culture moments and more.
- Detail-oriented, creative thinker with proven problem-solving skills. Ability to prioritize projects and assignments, communicate progress and deliver on time.
- Able to perform well under pressure and be a team player.
- A genuine passion for serving clients, a desire to learn and stay on top of best practices, and the ability to contribute meaningful insights to our team.
- Fluency in Spanish and work on Hispanic PR campaigns is a plus.
- Familiarity with Mac Systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Cision, TVEyes, Meltwater a plus.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to Careers@QMobius.com, indicating the position title in your subject line.