|Location||1409 S. Lamar Street, Suite 1500|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2019|
Citrus is a full-service advertising agency with a team of marketing experts grounded in the customer experience. We create points of differentiation for the brands we partner with through big thinking and fresh ideas. We help our clients with brand transformation, evolution and amplification, creative ideas and execution, strategy and consumer insights, social strategy and content creation, PR and events and can provide strategic media planning and buying.
BRAND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Successful candidate will have:
- 8-10 years’ related experience and/or training, including 2-3 managing a team and providing strong leadership
- Media outreach experience including securing placement in local, regional and national media outlets and the ability to negotiate contracts with vendors, influencers and the like
- Established media relationships, as well as the ability to establish rapport with new media contacts and influencers on a local and national level
- Highly skilled at crafting pitches, storytelling and securing editorial placements
- The vision to create, develop and execute client events, including grand openings, influencer events, product launches and national and local brand partnership/activations.
- Write for a variety of mediums, including but not limited to: media kits, interviews, briefing sheets, media training, press releases, media pitches, memos, PowerPoint presentations, event collateral, and more.
- Lead the strategy and development of content for influencer campaigns, seasonal brand outreach on a national and local level, as well as event production
- Lead the strategy and implementation of key initiatives and ensure delivery on the client’s goals, benchmarking the team’s success in collaboration with clients.
- Provide monthly detailed reports for each account, outlining and analyzing key client coverage, competitive analysis and highlighting new and innovative industry trends
- Stay up-to-date on current trends in the industry sharing innovation, new story ideas and PR opportunities for agency and clients
Client Relationship Management
As Communications Manager, you are responsible for growing and protecting the Agency’s relationships with its current client base and ensuring the team is engaged in building these relationships.
- Ensure stability and on-going communication with clients
- Establish and build strong relationships with client leadership
- Foster a strong partnership between the communications team and the client(s)
- Understand the dual expectations and business and marketing/public relations goals
- Manage day-to-day business with client leadership, maintaining knowledge on the key business conditions
- Maintain regular communication and contact with team and client(s)
- Actively learn and stay informed of client dynamics, overall market dynamics, key players, potential pitfalls and opportunities through networking, staying abreast of news, etc. to provide valuable insights for evaluating opportunities and concerns
As Communications Manager, you must be a strong and persuasive communicator capable of teaching others to be effective both in verbal and written communications.
- Responsible for developing and evaluating communication from Agency to client
- Be diplomatic by helping to solve problems within all levels of the Agency
- Speak and write with a clear, concise point-of-view
- Rigorously provide feedback to communications team on all communications and presentation documents to ensure they are clear, concise and error free as well as informative and inclusive of necessary material
- Encourage and demonstrate the “art” of storytelling
- Must have the ability to effectively lead conflict resolution
- Write clearly and persuasively and train communications team in this skillset as well
- Provide clear, thorough written information and direction
- Ensure team is trained to deliver concise, accurate and actionable accounts of meetings and discussions
- Teach and lead team on how to develop persuasive summary and recommendation documents for presentations to client
- Deliver documents that are strategic, thorough, accurate and timely
Staff Leadership and Support
As Communications Manager, you are responsible for ensuring your communications teams’ skills and talents are consistently being developed and utilized.
- Maintain proper staffing based on client(s) needs
- Lead the performance review process for all communications team members
- Work with the Managing Director to plan, write, and execute a development plan for each team member
- Establish and regularly follow up on the assigned goals with each respective team member and review/recap with the Managing Director on a quarterly basis
- Provide ongoing training opportunities and coaching sessions for the communications team
- Assign, delegate and monitor all work of the communications team
- Communicate effectively with team members regarding performance issues and opportunities for improvement
- Understand and manage each respective communications team member(s) workload and redistribute workload as appropriate
- Showcase the ability to lead and establish rapport and trust with account team members
- Ensure that creativity is alive in the actions of the account team and the search for “how to improve or be more efficient” is always supported
- Create a working environment that encourages and supports a positive mindset about the work responsibilities
- Encourage a solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Work with communications team to understand and utilize time management skills and prioritization
- Work with team to understand the balance between work life and personal life
- Respond to pressures of work volume and time requirements in a constructive positive fashion
- Manage the work environment and account team relationships
- Communicate effectively and proactively in all aspects of the day to day business
- Manage overall local activation efforts which occur outside of normal business hours to ensure proper staffing and execution occurs at these events
- Ensure communications team is being proactive and also managing their time effectively
- Recognize talent and foster individual growth
You must demonstrate the ability to lead a team to manage projects on time and on budget.
- Ensure the flawless execution of all promotions, events, and communications
- Participate in Agency initiatives as requested
- Generate new ideas and provide recommendations on improvement of current Agency/client processes
- Work with the team to ensure Agency revenue is aligned with scope of services and staffing
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, 8-10 years related experience &/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience. Degree in English or Journalism a bonus.
Ability to read, analyze, develop & interpret marketing materials & purchase order requirements. Ability to effectively present information to management, co-workers and clients. Familiarity with AP Style. Ability to fluently read, write and speak English. Bilingual a plus.
Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, and as well as Monday, Cision Communications Cloud, GroupHigh, TrendKite, and Agency presentation systems and equipment.
Citrus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org