|Date Posted||July 29, 2019|
Apply at www.buckner.org/careers
Buckner is a great place to work, meet new friends and develop your career! Join our team.
BASIC FUNCTION: Serve as lead writer for Buckner publications and electronic media editor of Buckner Web sites. Assist the Director of Public Relations in implementing the annual Communications Plan.
- Accurately and timely manage, edit and execute assigned projects related to the Project Management System of the Public Relations Team as assigned.
- Work with the Communications Team to develop content goals, strategies and action plans for communications content. Create and manage an editorial calendar for content.
- Serve as chief content producer for Buckner communications. Because the Buckner Communications Team works in a creative environment, candidate should be prepared to apply content to multiple channels, including online content, script writing, news and feature writing, promotional writing and photography.
- Serve as managing editor of Buckner dated print publications, including, but not limited to, Buckner Today, a quarterly news magazine; Nuestra Familia, an annual Spanish-language newsletter.
- Serve as producer of Buckner promotional, undated print publications.
- Develop and maintain key content performance analytics.
- Provide quality assurance to Communications Team-produced content through editing skills.
- Effectively support efforts to achieve an organized publications and electronic media schedule.
- Effectively work with other Buckner employees in an advisory role for digital communications strategies as needed.
- Maintain compliance with all Buckner policies, procedures and requirements. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Timely and accurately review and processes mail, electronic mail, and other correspondence daily.
- Complete necessary documentation accurately and timely. Prepare letters, memos, spreadsheets, and other correspondence as required.
- Timely and accurately answer phones, take messages, and promptly respond to requests.
- Work successfully as part of a team and responsible for developing then maintaining strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training as required. Present at staff meetings as required.
- Travel, both domestically and internationally, as needed to monitor, assess and help develop programs and projects.
- Perform general office tasks as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
Numbers 1-8 are considered Primary Duties for this job.
* Indicates essential functions of the job.
POSITION EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES:
- Requires in-depth understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge normally associated with the attainment of a Bachelors degree with emphasis in journalism, communications, professional writing or other related field. Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, professional writing or related field required. Minimum 5 years prior related experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of journalistic communications and public relations assignments preferred; knowledge of social networking, basic html and digital photography preferred.
- Required skills include, but are not limited to, writing and editing for print and online media, interviewing, and organizational skills.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite on the Windows platform.
- Requires proficient ability to write content for news and marketing publications and material; requires proficient ability to exhibit professional photography skills in order to provide pictorial content for marketing publications and material.
- Requires a professional, proactive demeanor and the ability to effectively work with a variety of individuals to attain organizational goals.
- Requires travel to various geographic locations, both domestically and internationally, with some overnight stays in support of writing assignments. Requires ability to obtain and maintain current documentation for international travel.
- Requires proficient ability to speak, read and write English. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Requires ability to speak clearly and make yourself understood effectively in face-to face- interactions; articulate with accuracy to speak on the phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions, answer phones, communicate with people in situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to clergy, laity, institutional staff/faculty, various organizations, churches of all sizes, cultural identities, board and council members.
- Requires proficient ability to exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Requires proficient ability to answer phones, take messages and promptly respond to requests.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to accurately and timely operate and perform computer related tasks with specific equipment and software applications required, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Photoshop and Power Point. Requires excellent computer software sills necessary to produce accurate documents and materials.
- Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under Buckner’s insurance policy. Must be age 21 or older to drive on behalf of Buckner.
- Requires ability to distinguish small details and markings very near to observers in order to prepare, read data records and reports, and to provide visual inspection.
- Requires ability to work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change. Requires ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing; requires excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Requires ability to work under minimal supervision and exercise excellent professional judgment.
- Requires ability to grasp, pull, push, carry or otherwise manipulate objects.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force continuously to move objects and/or people.
- Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires professional commitment to Christian principles and teachings to perform tasks and responsibilities in alignment with Buckner’s mission, vision, and values.
- Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties. Employees shall not be permitted to work who have infectious disease or skin lesion for the duration of the communicability.