|Date Posted||June 23, 2020|
Rooted in the guiding principles of President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush, the George W. Bush Presidential Center engages communities in the United States and around the world by cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. The Bush Center is home to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, which is operated by the National Archives and Records Administration, and the George W. Bush Institute, the non-partisan, public-policy arm of the Bush Center. The Bush Center is located on the campus of SMU in Dallas, Texas, and also includes a 15-acre park, a full-service restaurant, Café 43, and a museum store.
Housed within the George W. Bush Presidential Center, the George W. Bush Institute is an action-oriented, nonpartisan policy organization with the mission of cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. It raises current and thought-provoking issues and builds programs to address the challenges facing our nation and our world. The work of the Bush Institute is inspired by the principles that guided the Bushes in public life: education is the foundation of a successful life; freedom is a universal human desire; free enterprise is the engine of economic prosperity; and every human life is precious.
The Associate, Digital Communications will support the work of the External Affairs team, working alongside editorial, communications, and marketing roles to maintain the George W. Bush Presidential Center’s digital platforms while ensuring high-quality content that aligns with the organizational thought leadership goals. Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
Content Creation and Maintenance:
- Execute ongoing content maintenance across all Bush Center digital platforms to ensure that content is up-to-date, effective, and error-free – with strong attention to detail.
- Evaluate performance of content, report on the effectiveness, and recommend improvements so that all content drives the mission of the Bush Center.
- Collaborate with editorial and communications team and designer to imagine and implement creative content ideas that garners high volume of visits, drives awareness, and when appropriate, makes content more accessible. This includes interactive elements to written content, video interviews and explainers, podcasts, or other interactive experiences.
- Remain on top of trends in digital media that can be applied to the Bush Center and enhance the effectiveness of our content among target audiences.
- Produce email marketing newsletters and announcements that fit the Bush Center style and tone while driving desired action.
- Work with the team to develop and execute content distribution plans that maximize visibility to our work.
- Assist with projects that improve the functionality, design, or content of the Bush Center digital properties.
- Assist with production of digital media, including scheduling interviews, basic video editing, and audio editing,
- Effectively manage a production calendar that clearly maps timelines and deliverables.
Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The qualified candidate will possess (a/an):
- Bachelor's Degree in computer systems, graphic design, advertising, journalism, or related field.
- One to four years of digital production and website management experience.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with video and audio editing and production equipment.
- Proficient in online communication best practices, including accessibility, search engine optimization, and design patterns.
- Proficient with content management systems.
- Proficient in Photoshop and familiar with Illustrator and InDesign.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the Bush Center.
- Be a smart, energetic, self-starter and team player.
- Possess experience in communicating policy work to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a strategic thinker and creative marketer.
- Retain the ability to work on cross-functional teams in both leadership and member roles.
- Operate as a calculated risk taker.
- Evidence an exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Be able to maintain regular, dependable attendance at the office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit stationary at a desk and use computer equipment