|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
Seeking candidates with previous communications internship experience for SPM Communication’s 2021 Fall/Winter apprenticeship program starting October 1.
The SPM apprenticeship is a paid, three-month program offering 40 hours per week of on-the-job training with meaningful contributions to client accounts. It is a pathway to entry-level employment at the agency. While future employment is not guaranteed upon completion, if it’s a good fit on both sides, it’s our goal to extend offers of permanent, full-time employment to our apprentices.
Applicants should have a strong desire to develop skills in the areas of account service, media relations, influencer campaigns and social media, while contributing to our clients’ successes. SPM apprentices are cross-trained on a variety of accounts and industries, participate in creative brainstorming sessions and learn key skills to launch a career in communications.
Our wish list for the ideal candidate includes:
- Available to work in person in our Dallas office
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in a communications-related major
- At least one prior communications internship. Potential experience could include:
- Media relations (list building, pitch writing, pitching, monitoring and measurement)
- Influencer campaigns (research and vetting, outreach, contracting, etc.)
- Social media campaigns (maintaining content calendars, drafting captions, scheduling and posting content, photoshoots, editing)
- Self-motivated thinker who can work with a creative team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Responsive to direction and able to share ideas within a group to help move our clients’ businesses forward
- Familiar with AP style and basic Microsoft Office programs. Familiarity with PR measurement and media research tools, such as Critical Mention and Muck Rack, is a plus
- Strong fit for our inclusive “No Jerks” SPM culture of respect, collaboration and inclusion. Our DEI work at SPM is fundamental to our people-first culture. Read more on our “Who We Are” page
To apply, please send your resume and two writing samples to Ashley Lennington at email@example.com.