|Location||Dallas and Austin|
|Date Posted||September 21, 2022|
We are seeking an Account Executive to join our Brand Solutions practice in the Texas Market (Austin or Dallas). This position requires a passion for Public Relations and dedication to the development of your integrated communications craft, constantly seeking new skillsets and challenges to grow with us. Successful candidates will be driven, eager, resourceful and collaborative team players ready to jump into client work with a growth mindset, soaking up knowledge and new experiences on the path to become a seasoned communications professional. Candidates should have some professional experience in the PR, marketing, journalism or other communications fields.
Perks of working at BCW:
- Hybrid work environment that offers the flexibility and balance of working from home and going into the office
- Career growth opportunities through continued education, training & development courses, and BCW’s Career Pathing program
- Employee Resource Groups that provide our employees the platform to network, build key leadership skills, gain greater visibility and access to senior leadership, have an impact at BCW and the outside community and accelerate their careers.
- Paid time off for vacation, sick and personal days, as well as Summer Fridays. Our Flexible Holiday Policy includes 9 paid holidays inclusive of Juneteenth and World Mental Health Day, with the option to swap out a company holiday for another personally significant day. We also offer paid time off for voting, jury duty, bereavement and school leave. In addition, our offices are closed for Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave to bond with your new child, also inclusive of adoption and foster care
- Wellness benefits including healthcare, vision, dental and pet insurance, as well as free virtual or in-person counselling for mental health.
- 401K Savings and Investment Plans
- Commuter benefits using pre-tax dollars per month to pay for eligible commuting & parking expenses
- WPP Employee Discount Program based on client roster
What is the work?
- Participates in client planning meetings, asks informed questions and absorbs wise answers
- Creates and engages in professional, actionable client-facing communications such as media opportunities, status reports, campaign recap reports and general account activity reports
- Participates in tactical execution of client programming (i.e., first draft of media materials, campaign plans, media briefs, strategy plans, etc.)
- Researches media trends, identifies media targets and develops media angles to execute successful earned media campaigns
- Identifies and engages with influencers to develop creative influencer campaigns
- Stays current on social media channels and trends, leveraging available analytics and research tools to make informed strategic recommendations
- Develops content for multiple social media channels to support brand strategies and appeal to target audiences
- Helps organize and participates in client brainstorms, bringing fresh thinking and tactical concepts to a client challenge to reach target audiences and tap into the cultural zeitgeist
- Implements research projects, summarizes research and analyzes data to uncover insights and trends that inform client strategy
- Monitors and reports on campaign success, but in traditional, digital and social media
- Follows the news, social/digital trends and client industries to stay informed and nimble
- Participates in team and client meetings, absorbing new information and sharing relevant insights
- Manages interns and delegates projects, providing guidance, feedback and training to develop talent
Experience that contributes to your success:
- 1-2 years of work experience in the communications field, agency experience a plus
- Professional written and verbal communications skills
- Curiosity, insatiable appetite to learn and interest in growth and development
- Strong earned media understanding and a genuine interest in storytelling
- Social and digital media experience and/or passion
- Attention to detail, time management skills, and problem-solving attitude
- Ability and confidence to communicate early and often about your workload (i.e., too busy or not busy enough)
- Media monitoring and reporting experience
See full job posting and apply at https://apply.workable.com/bcw/j/77BC52026E/