|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
We are seeking an account director with a minimum of 10 years of PR experience (including at least four in an agency setting) to manage and motivate account teams and serve as a company leader.
SPM account directors provide strategy development for several clients, exhibit strong communication skills and the ability to manage and motivate account teams. We're looking for great people with PR agency experience with a deep understanding of all facets of PR, social media, crisis communications and media relations. In addition to leading accounts, SPM's account directors participate in the new business pitch process and active pursuit of new business opportunities is strongly encouraged. Directors report to the president and serve as mentors to all SPM team members, set high standards by example, and manage workload and employee growth plans for account teams.
The requirements to be a director at SPM Communications are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years’ PR experience, and at least four years' agency experience required
- PR agency experience required and background in retail, restaurant or food PR preferred
- Proficiency in crisis communications
- Proficiency in media relations with established media contacts
- Deep understanding of client industries, competitors and all facets of PR
- Ability to effectively lead and direct staff in a competitive, high-energy environment and industry
- Decision making abilities on budget development and allocation, and account service procedures
- Solid social media knowledge and relevant applications for clients
To apply, please send resumes to Loren Rutledge at firstname.lastname@example.org