Trinity Metro has an immediate opening for a Web Developer in the Marketing and Communications department. The experienced candidate will provide expertise in website hosting, site security, search engine optimization and troubleshooting website issues. Additionally, the candidate will be capable of designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to functionality, while creating user-friendly design and clear navigation. The ideal candidate would also have experience in digital marketing planning, development and execution. This position will report to the Director of Communications and will be responsible for Trinity Metro’s websites and the Trinity Railway Express site.
This position’s responsibilities include:
- Build, manage and maintain organizational websites, intranets, and microsites
- Manage SEO for organizational websites, ensuring search functionality
- Build and maintain marketing and e-commerce interfaces to organizational websites
- Incorporate security principles on websites and e-commerce applications
- Ensure backup websites for critical functions
- Monitor and report appropriate analytics to Director of Communications.
- Web programming skills that include Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, HTML, and e-commerce; adept in cross-browser compatibility, web user interface design (UI), security principles, object-oriented design, multimedia content development, APIs. Monitor and respond to critical incidents affecting e-commerce. Familiarity with Rackspace hosting is a plus.
Bachelor's Degree in related field.
Any combination of experience, training and/or education that provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills may substitute for the required education.
- 10 years of experience in web development, problem solving and digital content management and marketing, including:
- 10+ years of documented experience with high-availability multi-server web server management
- 10+ years of senior-level LAMP website development (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
- 10+ years of senior level of Content Management Systems (CMS) including WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla
- 10+ years of senior-level e-commerce and credit card processing for storefronts
- 10+ years of advanced website Domain Name Services configuration and troubleshooting
- 10+ years of website search engine and index optimization
- 2+ years of documented work with integrated transit GTFS systems and real-time tracking of embedded GPS services within Google Maps API
- 2+ years of experience with Content Distribution Network (CDN) services
- 10+ years of experience with high-availability monitoring and incident response remediation for critical online business systems
- 5+ years of technical communications between vendors, management, and contractors.
- 5+ years of digital advertising management across display, search (Bing, Google, Yahoo!, Firefox), social media, and integrated campaign tracking
Apply online at: www.fwta.org