Works within the Corporate Communications Division to develop internal/external communications materials and campaigns that align with the Bank’s business strategies, brand image and messaging. The position entails a heavy volume of writing and editing for all communications platforms, and is integral to the Bank’s communications strategy, which targets members, public officials, community organizations, employees and the media. Our ideal candidate will be a versatile and exceptional writer, who is adept at writing for multiple content channels and thrives in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Develops and crafts internal/external communications including employee messaging, executive messaging, content for publications, including newsletters, magazines, annual reports, Corporate Social Responsibility reports and other corporate and trade publications. Other content writing includes ad and marketing copy, web, digital and social media communications, member communications, blogs, white papers, case studies and other thought leadership pieces for use on a variety of platforms
- Promotes the Bank’s programs and services through the crafting of press announcements, as well as occasional media pitches via social media. Supports media, member and congressional events. Backs up the Events Coordinator
- Manages photographers, videographers, designers, other external vendors and interns, as needed
- Shares in developing and carrying out social media strategy, including Twitter engagement with reporters. Repurposes content for various social and web platforms. Participates in the development of the communications strategy and plans. Provides project management as needed, including development of project budgets
- Edits and provides guidance on presentations and other forms of communications to ensure use of disclosure rules and consistency of brand standards and communications style across internal/external communications content lines. Remains current on latest communications guidelines, AP style, social media trends and employee engagement communications trends
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required with a major in business, public relations or journalism/communications.
- Five or more years of experience in journalism or corporate communications with a heavy volume of writing.
- Proven verbal, interpersonal, written, digital, multimedia and presentational communication skills, with demonstrated ability to clearly convey complex ideas to a variety of audiences. An AP style and grammar wizard who possess excellent copy-editing skills preferred.
- Prior experience or extensive knowledge of the financial services, financial industry trade associations and/or federal and state governmental entities highly desired. Ability to understand, interpret and communicate corporate financial statements and credit products.
- Fluency in multiple communications channels, including social, digital, print, web and video conceptualization.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, regulatory environment. Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence. Ability to collaborate on high-stake projects, as well carry out projects individually.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint or other employee intranet product. Expert-level Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills and proficiency with Excel. Base-level fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite, a plus.
- Flexibility to work weekend and/or evenings to complete projects.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.