OVERVIEW AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
This position is responsible for the management of multiple identified marketing disciplines, projects, or major areas of focus at the direction of their manager. Responsibilities could include campaign management, program management and/or special projects. This role will work with multiple stakeholders as well as external vendors to ensure the quality, engagement and results are delivered according to pre-determined targets and goals.
OTHER REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
- Responsible for managing and directing all efforts involving an assigned campaign, program or project or major area of focus within corporate communications. This includes collaborating with members of the corporate communications team or members of other teams to optimize program design and strategy in order to increase results and effectiveness. Manages and delivers communications regarding the campaign/program/project to key stakeholders and promotes across the company as appropriate. Consults on how to meet our standards and guidelines when needed.
- Responsible for critical aspects of larger, comprehensive programs and activities, including, online, print, public relations, direct mail, and social
- Develop, plan, execute and measure proactive, integrated internal/external communications initiatives, including campaign planning across all channels to support the business strategy
- Implement media relations programs and strategies designed to enhance WageWorks corporate reputation
- Develops messaging documents, FAQs, intranet content, press releases, social media posts and other support materials
- Identifies, arranges and prepares executives for media interviews, has a comfort working with employees at all levels within the company
- Manages the corporate communications vendor relationships ensuring compliance with organization standards and responsible for optimizing portfolio of vendors.
- Manages budget and vendor “Statements of Work” (SOWs) to ensure projects are within scope and allocated budget.
- Manages parts of the corporate marketing budget ensuring quarterly and annual forecasts are met and strategic initiatives align with budget projections.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong project and vendor management, digital marketing and marketing analytics. Work well with a variety of key internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing demands of business is a must.
- Proven track record of success, working independently to meet project objectives and managing multiple tasks simultaneously to meet strict deadlines with minimal direction. Self-motivated and self-directed; conscientious approach to work assignments and enjoys operating at a fast pace while staying flexible to shift tasks frequently. Proven ability to drive analytical insight, pulling key conclusions from data and proposing meaningful hypotheses.
Knowledge of marketing campaigns and communications as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communication or equivalent.
Build Your Career at WageWorks!
WageWorks enables millions of people to save money on critical expenses like healthcare, dependent care, and commuting, through Consumer-Directed Benefits, such as Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) and Commuter Benefits. WageWorks is a leader in the industry serving more than 6.5 million people for over 100,000 employers, including 63% of the Fortune 500 and numerous public sector clients.
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the six Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Customer-Centric: Our Customer comes first. We aim to serve our Clients and their employees, our brokers and partners, as well as our internal customers.
Caring: People are at the heart of our company. We care about people: our Clients, our Clients’ employees and their families, our partners, and local communities, and our fellow employees at WageWorks.
Passionate: We love what we do and are passionate about delivering Consumer-Directed Benefits that save people money and enrich their lives.
Accountable: We are dedicated to making our team and the company succeed, and we are open, honest, ethical and conscientious, as we deliver on our commitments.
Leading: Our actions inspire new ideas and drive change each and every day.
Respectful: We value the diversity of our people, treat them with dignity and respect, encourage their development and reward their performance.
Why Work for WageWorks?
If you're looking for a career that provides plenty of growth opportunities, responsibility, and interesting challenges to tackle, you will find it here.
If you want to join a fast-moving, high-growth, exciting company that's a market leader, you’re looking in the right place.
But mostly, if you want to help people live happier, healthier, and more productive lives, then you’ll want to work for WageWorks.
WageWorks provides equal employment opportunity without regard to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition, veteran or military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Employment will require successful completion of a background check.
Equal Opportunity for Disabled Veterans, Recently Separated Veterans, Other Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans.
Drug free workplace.