We are searching for a Public Relations Writer to promote and strengthen awareness and brand recognition of Collin College. Create and edit content for public relations and marketing to internal and external audiences, including but not limited to emails, posters, advertising campaigns, newsletters and online copy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as managing editor of the college's online newspaper and online news archive/blog.
- Plan and manage editorial content, including developing story ideas, researching, interviewing, writing, collecting content, proofing and getting approvals.
- Meet established publication deadlines, update distribution lists and gain proficiency using blog and e-newsletter tools.
- Assist with press campaigns on behalf of the district. Research, write and distribute press releases to promote the college. Assist with media relations and serve as a resource, as needed.
- Write feature stories and/or promotional materials, including but not limited to brochures, posters and newsletters in a clear, concise and AP style within established deadlines.
- Assist in the pre-production (researching, interviewing, and script writing) of college videos through coordination of efforts with video producer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of AP style
- Knowledge of digital platforms
- Knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of online marketing
- Knowledge of marketing principles
- Creative news and feature writing skills
- Proofing and editing skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
- Interviewing skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to research and write press releases, news and feature stories and marketing materials
- Ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple assignments
- Ability to serve as editor
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
For more information and to apply: