Project Mockingbird is a strategic communications agency championing causes that are changing the world. Our team members are passionate, free-thinking, strategic individuals who believe in making a difference each and every day.
This self-motivated, passionate individual will assist with day-to-day PR and social media functions and possesses strong writing and proofreading skills, has a solid understanding of media relations and has previous relevant internship or job experience. This team member supports the development, execution and measurement of creative concepts and strategies. Ideal candidates are creative, strategic thinkers as responsibilities vary between developing content for press releases, social media, blogs and email communications - all of which contribute to growing Project Mockingbird’s expertise and market presence. The position requires an individual with a passion for emerging media and an understanding of social media and public relations as it applies to business objectives.
- Support client PR, Communications & Social Media by:
- Updating and maintaining media lists
- Developing and posting news releases
- Creating content for clients’ social channels
- Monitoring and moderating clients’ social channels, including online reputation management
- Tracking analytics and providing support for results reporting
- Compiling industry research and insights
- New business development lead generation (additional commission % opportunity)
- Understanding business use of popular social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. and ability to effectively interpret and summarize data
- Strong research skills and ability to summarize large amounts of data into digestible takeaways
- Knowledge and use of AP style writing
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM is an asset
- Experience creating news releases, pitches and other media materials
- Ability to meet deadlines promptly and effectively
- Strong writing skills
- Great attention to detail, enthusiasm, organization, multi-tasking and desire to be a team player
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to work individually
- Ability to prioritize assignments, meet deadlines and adapt to changing client needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 20 hours per week with opportunity to move to full-time within 90 days
Email resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.