Parkland Health & Hospital System seeks an organized, proactive candidate with excellent oral and written communication skills for a Public Relations Specialist role supporting marketing communications. In this role, the candidate would help develop and execute PR and marketing activities that promote a positive image of Parkland and its mission, as well as increase the visibility of its work in the community.
This position requires demonstrated strong writing and editing skills as well as an understanding of messaging, branding and strategic public relations goals. This position:
- Researches and develops stories and sources, writes and edits for marketing activities such as newsletters, brochures, publications, educational material and digital channels.
- Assists with photography, corporate communications, community outreach and distribution of publications and marketing pieces.
- Assists with special events as needed.
This candidate must be able to function independently and as a team member, working with communications team members as well as subject matter experts, leaders and others across the health system. Excellent customer service skills are a must.
Parkland is one of the largest public hospitals in the country as well as a teaching hospital and research institution. Steeped in history, the hospital is a Level I trauma center and provides the most acute burn care in North Texas. The system employs more than 12,000 people in addition to supporting more than 3,500 doctors, residents and students. The system also includes more than 20 community-based clinics and numerous outreach and education programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field, or equivalent
- At least one year of journalism, public relations and/or corporate communications experience
- Strong writing, editing skills
- Knowledge of AP style
- InDesign and Photoshop experience a plus