Full time; Cooper Aerobics. The entry-level Marketing and Communications Specialist supports campus-wide initiatives for the six health and wellness businesses of Cooper Aerobics. This role encompasses social media, media relations, videography, content writing, event planning, internal communications, and crisis communications.
Team member should present a professional and courteous demeanor, actively participate in status calls and meetings and help plan, coordinate and execute internal and external events.
Monday-Friday (occasional Saturday or Sunday may be requested for live TV media segment and campus events).
- Writing media content including, but not limited, to press releases/pitches, media advisories, executive bios, e-newsletters, blog posts and articles, scripts and talking points
- Planning and drafting content for monthly external e-newsletter, The Cooperized
- Researching industry trends and developing fresh story and social media content ideas
- Writing Cooper Cares emails and other internal communication messages
- Maintaining effective communications to forge new and preserve existing relationships with media contacts
- Drafting social media posts and maintaining calendar for strategy calls
- Developing video ideas, coordinating subjects, recording and editing videos for social media, website and e-newsletter use
- Tracking media coverage and compiling reports
- Maintaining content for both company website and employee Intranet
- Editing of basic website content
- Managing donation and speaker requests
- Coordinating campus tours for VIPs and special business groups, and conducting as needed
- Creating/managing media lists
- Working with senior leadership and MarCom team to determine media and communications priorities
- Coordinating photo and videos shoots
- General office duties including mail, organization of invoices and other files and maintaining office calendars
Other duties as assigned by Communications Manager and/or Vice President Marketing and Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university
- 1-3 years of experience in public relations, journalism or a related field are required, and at least one internship in public relations or marketing (agency, corporate or non-profit setting)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Basic social media knowledge and relevant applications
- Working knowledge of iMovie required