As a Managing Consultant you lead the design, development and execution of strategic change, employee engagement and workforce communications initiatives that impact organizational and functional performance, particularly in the communications, marketing and HR space.
The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and have a strong client service and new business orientation. Managing Consultants come equipped with relevant experience and backgrounds in areas such as organizational development, strategic workforce communications and engagement, operational and culture change, internal branding, and talent management. As part of a global public relations company, you will have access to a broad range of industries, clients and business issues that will enhance your business acumen and deepen your existing skills.
As Managing Consultant, you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day project work of multiple work-streams and multiple clients. You will have responsibility for the management and development of junior staff and will play a key leadership role in shaping DW’s future growth and direction through internal organizational initiatives such as business development, consultant training, methodology development and recruiting.
New business, including proposal and budget preparation, participation in sales pitches, building work plans, managing project teams within DW and across the OMC/DAS network, and client relationships are all responsibilities of this position. This position will be responsible for new business goals within assigned geographies and accounts.
You will manage as well as play a role in the design and delivery of solutions that may include:
- Designing/conducting organizational and functional assessments, analyzing data, producing and presenting final reports
- Designing workforce communication and engagement strategies and developing content including tactics and key messages
- Developing change strategies and providing implementation recommendations and support
- Advising senior leaders on how to effectively lead during transformations
- Developing communication, engagement and change impact measurement strategies and implementation support
- Developing internal branding and employer value proposition strategies, messages and programs
- Creating and facilitating learning experiences including workshops and strategy sessions at all levels in an organization
- Staff development including competency models, performance management, training and development, succession planning
Qualifications and Experience
- We seek candidates with an advanced degree in Business Administration, Communications, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, HR Management or comparable experience.
- Individual with approximately 7-10+ years of practical experience in organizational and change management consulting
- Significant business, practice and people development experience required
- Significant project management skills for multiple work streams
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Recent experience working in a client-oriented, professional services environment with Fortune 500 organizations a MUST
- Candidate must have deep understanding of business fundamentals, corporate strategy and organizational issues.
- Must have excellent diagnostic skills and the ability to identify and implement appropriate interventions.
- Strong communication (including writing, editorial and presentation), personal interaction and persuasion skills required
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills combined with a creative mindset
- Must be able to efficiently deal with ambiguity and multi-tasking demands.
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to high quality and service excellence
- Position requires travel as needed for new business and project work (generally 30-50%).
What makes someone thrive at Daggerwing Group?
- Keen orientation to teamwork, collaboration and refined relationship management skills, working across large global organizations and both in-office and virtual teams
- Passion for client service, especially in a creative marketing/communications environment
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and do the work – regardless of level
- Entrepreneurial ability to get things done
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly with shifting priorities and deadlines
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change
Daggerwing Group is Omnicom’s global Change Consultancy – today operating in seven offices across North America, EMEA and APAC.
We believe that the pace of change will never be slower than it is today. And we believe that a company’s growth is tied to the speed of customer and employee behavior change. That’s why Daggerwing Group focuses on helping companies accelerate growth by changing customer and employee behavior, fast.
Daggerwing Group helps clients change in four ways:
- Better deliver on the brand promise to customers
- Activate corporate culture to improve business results
- Realign the organization to be agile in the face of change
- Engage and equip employees to deliver customer value
Our global team of consultants are passionate, practical practitioners of change. We’re specialists in C-suite alignment, customer journey mapping, organizational design, employee communications and cultural activation. We’re people with backgrounds in business strategy, organizational behavior, human psychology, advertising, finance, creative, corporate communications and HR. Together, we’re a powerhouse of new thinking and fast action – proud of the way we help clients succeed by focusing on the stakeholders who matter most: their customers and employees.