Working under the direction of Texas Woman's University's Assistant Vice President for University Communication, this individual will direct social media strategies across all three TWU campuses (Denton, Dallas and Houston) and ensure all social media communication and digital marketing initiatives reflect and address the university's goals and position. This individual will serve as the University's social media communication lead during crisis/emergency situations and will monitor university news, higher education issues and trends, and current affairs to keep University audiences informed and ensure conversation accuracy and consistent messaging.
- Directs social media strategy and tactics in informative ways that encourage engagement from various audiences, while aligning posts and responses with the university's strategic plan.
- Serves as voice of university in response to comments on social media channels.
- Strategically plans and analyzes social media communications for Office of the Chancellor and senior administrators, as needed.
- Ensures proactive internal education, coaching and matrix management of social media channels, including monitoring, editing and approval of social media content across all 3 campuses.
- Monitors university news, higher education issues and trends, and current affairs to keep university audiences informed and to ensure conversation accuracy and consistent messaging.
- Keeps apprised of national higher ed best practices and innovative approaches in social media as well as changing platform functions and standards.
- Develops ancillary op-eds and columns in traditional media outlets that integrate with and leverage, social media communications.
- Identifies, develops and implements social media and new media tactics related to viral social networking to advance TWU's goals and objectives.
- Acts as the junior media relations representative, including news release development and distribution, pitching of stories to news media outlets and other related activities as necessary.
- Writes articles for the TWU website, e-newsletter and other publications.
- Assists in ongoing media/social media analysis and prepares regular media clipping reports and "In the Headlines" e-newsletter.
- Occasional travel may be required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in journalism, mass communication or a closely related field of study. Master's preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Five years, including writing, editing, analytics, social media management and analysis, and media relations planning
TO APPLY: https://careers.twu.edu (Job Category: Professionals)