The Manager of Public Relations serves as an account executive for the Institute for Women's Leadership and its three centers - The Center for Women in Business, The Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy, and the Center for Student Leadership. In this role, the individual will develop and implement strategic, integrated internal and external communications plans; develop content and update the Institute's and Center's websites; manage social media channels; develop a proactive media relations agenda to showcase good stewardship of taxpayers' investment, and highlight the advantages of the institutes alignment with the university. The Institute will be a "destination," with numerous women's leadership exhibits. Additionally, the manager will create promotional and informational materials for visitors to the Institute's leadership exhibits. Work is performed with minimal supervision and performance is based on the effective operation of all public relations functions. The performance evaluation is conducted through the performance evaluation system and in accordance with the University Policies & Procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (May include, but not limited to the following):
- Develops and implements (including research and writing for) a multi-year strategic integrated communications plan.
- Manages web site content creation (including management of visuals) for the Institute for Women's Leadership.
- Provides media relations and social media (statewide).
- Provides marketing collateral materials for visitors (for special exhibits, etc.)
- Provides executive communications support (including PowerPoint presentations and speeches).
- Provides special event support (such as for board meetings).
- Develops mutually advantageous communications with TWU's College of Business, Health Sciences, Nursing, Arts & Sciences, Professional Education and Graduate School.
- Develops and coordinates communications with Office of Governmental Relations.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, or a closely related field of study required. Master's preferred.
Ten years' experience in communications (written/verbal/visual/editing) experience in an education environment; public relations experience (mid-level, at a minimum) particularly with respect to managing and measuring effective internal and external internal communications; supervisory experience in an education environment; experience in dealing with complex environments and an ability to thrive despite competing deadline pressures; use of digital survey instruments to gain inexpensive and quick feedback and inputs; strong interpersonal communications capabilities; attention to detail and an appreciation for importance of information accuracy and context.
TO APPLY: https://careers.twu.edu (Job Category: Professionals)