Position Summary - CLICK TO APPLY
This position is responsible for planning, developing, executing, and evaluating the communications plans and marketing collateral to support the programs and work of the Business Development team. Supported programs will include: BUILT with Chocolate Milk, Fuel up to Play 60 , Milk to My Plate, Great American Milk Drive and individual sales/partnership projects as needed. This position requires a strong understanding of communication and marketing principals along with a creative and collaborative approach to execution. Agency experience and/or experience in sports focused environments is preferred. This position will require 25% travel.
Key Result Areas:
Communication and Marketing Collateral Management 55%
Develop and monitor campaign objectives, goals and key success indicators to consistently assess progress or need to adjust overall strategy with reporting to Senior Director of Consumer Confidence and Director of Business Development.
- Develop and execute Dairy MAX business development communications plan and creative calendar through creative agency, including but not limited to: blogs, e-blasts, newsletters, SR message center, PowerPoint presentation templates, business development webpages, social media, and maintaining website content to deliver key messages, successes and promotions.
- Manage and execute content plans and content creation for third party partners and publications. Integrate with owned media creative calendar whenever possible.
- Craft unique and memorable brand stories to support business development communications.
- Develop communication in a relevant voice for each stakeholder group that aligns with overall Dairy MAX branding.
- Works with Senior Director of Consumer Confidence and Director of Business Development to identify communication and marketing collateral needs and execute within allocated budget.
Team and stakeholder support 35%
Develop stakeholder communications, sales tools, presentation decks and other materials as needed to support the business development team.
- Collaborate with school marketing team to support development of marketing assets featuring NFL players including: managing photo & video shoots, FUTP 60 assembly content, blog writing and website content.
- Create unique communication tools to support the business development team in engaging with new and existing partners and provide regular project recaps to partners.
- Provide conference support with communications and marketing collateral and onsite stakeholder engagement as needed
- Monitor inventory and identify on-trend promo-items to support activations as needed
- Work with Director of Business Development to support during team meetings, board of directors meetings and other business as needed.
Project support as needed 10%
Foster collaborative relationships across the organization and support departments and projects as needed.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication and at least five years of experience in related fields or a combination of marketing and communications experience providing equivalent knowledge. Ability to manage people without formal authority and experience managing budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in program marketing, branding standards, design and social media marketing
- Experience working with promotional vendors and creative agency professionals.
- Knowledge and/or ability to manage events, contests and team meetings.
- Knowledge of the dairy industry to reflect the industry’s integrity and provide accurate responses to questions.
- Knowledge of nutrition concepts and principles to provide and interpret accurate information.
- Has experience in corporate branding and working experience in online, print and promotional pieces.
- Experience with promotional production and vendors.
- Experience with managing promotional videography projects.
- Experience in sports marketing or athlete focused environments.
- Skillful at accomplishing a goal on time and within budget.
- Skillful at identifying strategic opportunities and finding points of strategic alignment between projects and departments
- Skillful at organizing projects/programs and targeting outcomes to meet the needs of Dairy MAX and appropriate partners
- Skillful at influencing without formal authority
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Solution oriented with strong lateral and creative thinking skills
- Able to align with the mission, vision and values of Dairy MAX to accurately and effectively promote the dairy industry and dairy nutrition.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a team of individuals to make the work of the group successful and effective.
- Ability to present both self and ideas, orally or in writing, using knowledge and the perspective of the audience so that the information is understandable and accepted as credible.
- Ability and willingness to participate in media training and appear on live television or radio.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule duties independently in order to meet goals without direct supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some weekends.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis including occasional overnight stays.
- Ability to travel to meeting and exhibit sites, lift up to 50lbs, and set up AV or other displays or equipment.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
Dairy MAX is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.