Under the general supervision of Head of Communications, the AHI Communications intern will provide assistance in internal communications, social media and external communications media activities across all channels of the function. Communications tasks include writing press releases, newsletters and copy for internal and external publications and assisting in photo and video shot organization. The intern will assist with administrative support as well as other projects and duties as assigned.
- Assist with the development and writing of press releases and articles for various company publications, both internally and externally.
- Provide support in all aspects of digital communications including writing and posting on social media and other forums. Monitor social media channels and help build these communities.
- Support media relations and community relations activities and strategies including pitching stories and assistance in drafting media advisories and media escort as required
- In coordination with the communications and marketing teams, assist in event planning and execution and help to staff events as needed
- Maintain the company photo library and assist in photo and video shoot organization
- Assist Government Program Communications Senior Manager on Keep Sold and Capture Campaigns
- Provide support for various administrative tasks as requested Other duties as assigned
- Currently seeking Bachelor Degree, or higher
- Has already completed relevant Communications or PR core courses
- Looking for an aspiring communications professional with high motivation, strong interpersonal skills and good team spirit
- Strong writing skills required.
- Some office work environment preferred
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with internal and external customers.
- Must be well organized and have good time management skills.
- Willingness to work on a wide variety of subjects, sometimes with very short deadlines.
- Some journalism training preferred.
- Graphic design experience would be a plus.
- Ability to use computers, and associated software.
- Class schedule must allow intern to work at least 20-25 hours per week minimum.
To be considered you must apply online at https://airbushelicopters.applicantpro.com/jobs/874955.html
As a leader in our field, Airbus Helicopters, provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.