This position is responsible for development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of the school platform, including Dairy Optimization sales platform, Fuel Up to Play 60 and school stakeholder relationships. The Director must be able to foster a positive team atmosphere while leading in standardization and promotion of programming.
This position is responsible for supervision, development and recruiting of staff.
Additional strategic objectives include:
Enhance and protect the image of dairy.
Provide a positive return on investment to our dairy farm families.
Collaborate with influential partners to amplify our impact.
Create lifelong loyalty to dairy.
Manages the training, developing and performance of assigned staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce for Dairy MAX, Inc.
• Establish results-based job responsibility and performance expectations such as setting objectives, growth targets & goals for Fuel Up to Play 60, Dairy Optimization sales platform, stakeholder relationship management and outreach.
• Assess employee performance; coach and mentor employees frequently with positive and constructive feedback reinforcing desired results.
• Identify individual training and /or development opportunities that will assist employees in achieving enhanced job performance and/or career objectives training and/or development opportunities for all school marketing staff.
• Communicates and models the vision and values of the organization to create a sense of teamwork among employees.
• Provides direct support to school marketing staff within their respective territories to achieve objectives.
• Represents school marketing team, goals and objectives by supporting integration across all departments.
• Work with Vice President of School Sales, Marketing and Operations to set team agendas, conduct team meetings, and other business as needed.
Lead the Fuel Up to Play 60 portion of the Unified Marketing Plan (UMP) and act as liaison to Dairy Management Inc. (DMI) regarding these program strategies and tactics.
• Provide guidance to the Dairy MAX staff regarding localization and implementation of UMP strategies and tactics.
• Communicate Dairy MAX needs to DMI to facilitate effective and efficient FUTP 60 performance.
• Determine allocation of FUTP 60 School funds based on organization guidelines and district targets by School Wellness Consultant territory.
• Works with School Marketing & Communications Manager to identify marketing and communication needs.
• Supports quarterly reporting for each School Wellness Consultant from School Marketing Access (SMA Database) to offer individual coaching to reach objectives, growth targets & goals.
• Support review & analysis of budget funds allocated for FUTP 60 program execution for national efforts, regional efforts & by individual School Wellness Consultant territory.
Lead the development, execution and evaluation of in-school Dairy Optimization strategy.
• Leads the school marketing team in developing the overall in-school Dairy Optimization strategic plan to grow dairy sales.
• Responsible for tracking and reporting results, trends, and opportunities to Vice President of School Sales, Marketing and Operations, Dairy MAX management and Board of Directors.
• Supports reporting for each School Wellness Consultant utilizing School Marketing Access (SMA Database) to offer individual coaching to reach objectives, growth targets & goals.
• Support review & analysis of budget funds allocated for Dairy Dollars for Schools grant program execution for national efforts, regional efforts & by individual School Wellness Consultant territory.
• Identifies and quantifies volume opportunities and risks across Dairy MAX territory
• Coaches and mentors school marketing team to keep them informed of priority dairy optimization areas and implementation/sell-in strategies and status
• Works with Director of Business Development to incorporate industry engagement with schools to build business models that create a win/win for both industry and schools.
• Supports School Marketing and Communications Manager to identify marketing and communication needs for the School Marketing team & stakeholders.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication, health promotion or nutrition and 7+ years of experience in related fields or a combination of education, marketing and sales experience providing equivalent knowledge. 5+ years of experience managing people, teams and budgets.
1. Proficient in program marketing and management of a team.
2. Knowledge and/or ability to learn human resources management including the ability to attract, hire, retain, motivate, coach, reward and develop the human resources of the organization.
3. Knowledge and/or ability to direct team to grow dairy sales & consumption by data analysis, setting growth targets and calculating projections.
4. Knowledge of the structure, function and policies of state agencies involved in nutrition programs (such as the Department of Education, Department of Agriculture and the Department of Health) and the implementation policies at the district and school level.
5. Knowledge of strategy development.
6. Knowledge of the dairy industry to reflect the industry’s integrity and provide accurate responses to questions.
7. Knowledge of nutrition concepts and principles to provide and interpret accurate information.
8. Knowledge of and ability to seek out current dairy nutrition research and the nutrition impact of dairy products in maintaining good health, to promote consumption of three servings of dairy products every day.
1. Skill of coaching others to utilize & enhance consultative selling skills with school stakeholders, health and nutrition professional partners and dairy industry as requested.
2. Skill of organizing and directing the work of others with and without direct reporting lines and accomplishing a goal on time and within budget.
3. Skill of leading direct conversations with employees to address performance shortfalls and needed behavior changes
4. Skill of organizing projects/programs and localizing them to meet the need of Dairy MAX and the intended audience.
5. Skill of consultative information sharing with school stakeholders, health and nutrition professional partners and dairy industry as requested.
1. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a team of individuals to help problem-solve and make the work of the group successful and effective.
2. Ability to present both self and ideas, orally or in writing, using knowledge and the perspective of the audience so that the information is understandable and accepted as credible.
3. Ability to manage time and coordinate multiple tasks.
4. Ability to educate and impart knowledge about the benefits of dairy products in the context of a healthy diet.
5. Ability and willingness to participate in media training and appear on live television or other media outlets.
6. Ability to prioritize and schedule duties independently in order to meet goals without direct supervision.
7. Ability to work flexible hours including some weekends.
8. Ability to travel on a regular basis up to 50%, including frequent overnight stays throughout Dairy MAX territory.
9. Ability to travel to meeting and exhibit sites, lift up to 50 lbs, and set up AV or other displays or equipment.
Dairy MAX, is a non-profit dairy council, representing more than 900 dairy farm families across Colorado, southwest Kansas, Montana, New Mexico, western Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
Dairy MAX is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TO APPLY: https://bit.ly/2EOZ6nE