The Digital/Marketing internship is designed to provide students and recent grads with invaluable experience within VisitDallas through assisting with special projects directly related to marketing Dallas as a destination. This internship will provide a unique opportunity to be involved in many exciting projects, including digital marketing initiatives, marketing campaigns, events, and more.
A. Create content for VisitDallas.com, including blogs, city guides, neighborhood profiles and itineraries
B. Assist with website event submissions, including editing and writing copy, reaching out to partners for additional photos and maintaining events database
C. Support other marketing projects as needed such as:
• Assist as needed with database entry
• Source photography for use on social, web and other collateral pieces
• Attend press previews on behalf of the marketing team
• Assist and attend occasional after-hour marketing events
• Other administrative tasks as determined by the Sr. Digital Manager
The ideal candidate must have an interest in gaining communication and marketing knowledge. In order to maximize the internship experience, the ideal work hours for the position are 20-30 hours per week (flexible) for a maximum of 1,000 hours. This is a paid internship with numerous opportunities to interact with professionals within the sports, hospitality, city government and media sectors.
The candidate must possess:
• Superior writing skills with above-average knowledge of AP Style with experience writing optimal copy for social platforms and the web.
• Must have strong inter-personal communication skills when dealing with clients and staff; ability to function in a continually changing environment are mandatory and must demonstrate a strong self-initiative.
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge and experience (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is critical. High level of attention to detail.
• Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills a plus.
• The candidate must have a strong will to learn, be creative, enjoy working in a team atmosphere, and be able to set priorities in order to see that tasks are handled correctly and efficiently.