What We’re Looking For:
Picture yourself leading game-changing communication programs that engage and inspire today’s workforce.
We’re looking for an experienced strategic communications professional who brings impeccable project management skills and expertise in internal/workforce communications, change, culture and employee engagement communications, and issues/crisis management to the table. A relationship builder who is high-energy, proactive, collaborative and action oriented. Someone who is as comfortable with change themselves as they are leading it.
As part of our team, you’ll be a strategic thinker who rolls-up-your-sleeves and – Handles. It. Always. You’ll know how to tell a story – the right story. You’ll be comfortable working independently or as part of a team in an undefined environment across multiple projects, navigating many levels of seniority and functions, and taking initiative … lots of initiative. Based in the Dallas area, you’ll lead projects/workstreams for key clients representing multiple industries, including a top global brand. And, you’ll be joining a mighty crew that works hard and plays hard.
Who We Are:
HudsonLake represents best-in-class strategic, crisis and transformative workplace communications. Our clients gain unparalleled depth and breadth of experience through hands-on senior-level counsel and access to a full suite of communication and creative services. Clients most often turn to us to manage multi-faceted, complex and highly sensitive initiatives. We’re campaign managers who take a very hands-on approach and work alongside the most senior leadership within organizations. Based in the greater Washington D.C. area with outposts nationwide, we take great pride in our highly talented, diverse team of professionals, plus the fact that we’re certified as a woman-owned business enterprise founded by veteran communications professional Cynthia Hudson.
It’s All in the Details:
The successful candidate will be approachable and have an entrepreneurial spirit and a proven track record of leading client projects/workstreams, building relationships and providing counsel, managing complex projects and developing content. Job responsibilities include:
- Develop detailed project plans, including timelines, review/approval matrices and SMART goals
- Look ahead to anticipate client needs and provide recommendations on the best path forward
- Work through cross-functional and multi-level client teams to create consensus, drive decisions, and implement programs in ambiguous, fluid situations
- Create messaging/materials, ensuring communications are consistent and aligned with organizational messages
- Develop new channels aligned with client needs from concept through execution
- Manage day-to-day communications in support of client programs, from concept to completion, working across multiple stakeholders and managing third-party vendors
- 10-12 years of corporate/employee communications and/or public relations experience; consulting or agency experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related program of study
- Experience leading client work and/or project workstreams for multifaceted communications campaigns/programs
- Experience managing communication programs in large, consensus-driven organizations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional project management skills, as well as the ability to thrive and succeed while managing multiple projects and responsibilities
- Adept at anticipating client needs, problem-solving and delivering recommendations/solutions
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills, including the ability to make stories come to life
- Self-starter with ability to quickly gather and synthesize information from a variety of sources; aptitude for translating complex topics and issues into simple, understandable messages
- Ability to remain calm, organized and disciplined in ambiguous, complex, fluid, fast-paced and dynamic business environments
- Demonstrated ability to influence all levels, including senior leaders. Enthusiastically accepts challenges and thinks creatively to develop solutions for a diverse range of complex issues
- Exceptional judgment and decision-making qualities. Ability to recognize and manage sensitive issues
- Fluent in the entire Microsoft Suite; SharePoint experience preferred
- Enjoys working with others, collaborative, creative, resourceful, nimble and a great sense of humor!
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, include HudsonLake - Dallas.