As a Communications and Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting with the development and execution of integrated communication strategies to support the Airport and its key results. You will also write articles, remarks, announcements and other editorial content for all communications channels, with an emphasis on employees as the primary audience.
What you will be doing:
- Identifying, collecting, developing and writing content for employee intranet, digital signs, posters, emails, and other communications channels.
- Leading or supporting communications and marketing efforts related to DFW’s Total Rewards program, which includes pay, time off, wellness, savings, benefits, and extras.
- Acting as a liaison with other DFW departments to communicate Internal Communication requests and track effective strategies.
- Assisting with the development and execution of communication plans to support a variety of organizational objectives; communication plans include identification of various audiences, development of key messages and methods of communication.
- Collaborating with department colleagues to identify external opportunities to promote internal messaging and news.
- Developing, implementing and analyzing communications metrics and their associated tools to provide data-driven solutions for internal communications channels.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Three (3) years’ experience with a public relations agency or in a corporate communications department with primary responsibilities in employee communications, media relations or reputation management.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Extensive writing and editing skills
- Excellent knowledge of AP writing style and its application.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Share Point and other content management systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Airport leadership, employees and other key constituent groups
- Ability to collaborate and work with others cooperatively in a team environment.
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees, and over the past five years, we achieved almost every strategic objective and performance goal that we set out to achieve.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional Airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join our Communications & Marketing department and help us re-imagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW and live and work with purpose.