As an Assistant Vice President of Communications and Marketing, you lead the content and messaging strategy for owned, earned and paid channels and oversee budgets and manage relationships with third parties and creative agencies. Under general direction of the Vice President of Communications and Marketing, you will develop communications and marketing strategies to expand and improve the Airport’s reputation and promote products and services for airfield, terminal and non-airline revenues, achieving goals and key results according to the Airport’s strategic plan. You’ll have the opportunity to be a part of a growing team that is designing the singular voice for the future of DFW Airport.
What you will be doing:
- Lead, manage and develop a team of communications and marketing professionals and external agency partners to develop strategies and tactics that define the DFW Airport brand and improve its reputation among employees, customers and stakeholders.
- Serve as brand manager to ensure all communications and marketing efforts maintain brand integrity, coordinating messages for consistency throughout the organization.
- Develop external communications strategies to achieve measurable results to improve the Airport’s reputation and key results, with an emphasis on reaching local, national and international audiences through owned and earned channels.
- Lead, develop and refine the Airport’s crisis and reputation management response plans, coordinating messaging and content through all owned, earned and paid channels to protect and promote the Airport’s brand to all audiences.
- Analyze multiple data streams and personnel performance to identify opportunities and challenges across all marketing and communications channels. Develop and lead the strategies to achieve the Airport’s key results.
- Develop advertising and promotional campaigns targeting consumer audiences. Drive all creative messaging from concept to execution and measurement.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, international business or a related field.
- Seven (7)) years of experience in corporate communications, marketing communications, market research or public relations.
- Five (5) years supervisory experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
What we desire:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of commercial aviation industry and existing relationships with airline communications or marketing staff
- Experience in international marketing or communications
We are Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport—one of the most successful airports in the world by any definition. We’re recognized for our innovation, leadership, drive for excellence and talented employees, and over the past five years we achieved almost every strategic objective and performance goal that we set out to achieve.
Our success is made possible because of the diverse talents of nearly 2,000 employees who champion our mission of providing an exceptional Airport experience to our customers and connect our community to the world. We’re looking for the best talent to join our Communications and Marketing department and help us re-imagine what an airport can be.
Bring your talents to DFW and live and work with purpose.