The Margulies Communication Group is seeking an Account Executive to join our team of professionals representing high profile clients with media relations, crisis management, marketing and government relations issues nationwide.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background with at least five years of prior experience in mainstream media, public relations and social media. Experience in video production is a plus but not required. The person will work under the direct supervision of the firm’s senior leadership and will be responsible for following duties:
- Write by-lined articles and press releases
- Research editorial calendars and pitch client story placement
- Research speaking and panel opportunities for clients
- Assist team members in creating media lists and spreadsheets for projects and events
- Assist team members with social media strategies and execution
- Assist video production team with video projects
- Assist team members on current client projects including:
- Press release and media advisory writing and proofing
- Assist with client presentations and proposals
- PR program research
- Media monitoring and assist with weekly reporting
- Event execution assistance
- Social media creation and updating including experience placing ads/boosting posts on all SM platforms
- Client event calendar and blog postings
- General office duties including answering phone, filing and billing assistance
- Marketing, communications, public relations or journalism related bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a PR firm, media or similar services firm
- Solid foundation and knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Hootsuite
- Excellent communication skills as this employee will many times be the first point of contact for potential and existing clients
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Excellent writing skills
- Fast learner, self-starter and willingness to go above-and-beyond
- Background and/or knowledge in video production and still photography is preferred (but not required) with general proficiency in video editing (Final Cut Pro X) and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Preferred proficiency in the following computer applications: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), PC/Mac operating platforms
- Graphic design experience a plus
The firm office hours are 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am-4:00 pm Fridays. However, this employee will be required to occasionally work after hours, weekends, and travel.
MCG offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as a team-oriented approach and supportive work environment.
Founded in 1986 The Margulies Communications Group provides creation and execution of sophisticated media relations, marketing, crisis management, social media and cause marketing programs for clients based in the United States, Europe and Mexico. The firm is located in North Dallas. Employees receive competitive salaries as well as a benefits package that includes a profit-sharing component, medical insurance and the potential for bonuses. The firm’s website is: www.prexperts.net.
Interested candidates, please send a resume and two writing samples to Katherine Long at email@example.com.