Project Mockingbird is a strategic communications agency championing causes that are changing the world. We work exclusively with cause-based organizations and woman-owned businesses and our team consists of highly experienced, strategic communicators who handle everything from media relations to CEO communications to 360 communications plans.
Must have a minimum of EIGHT YEARS of experience. Agency experience is a plus. This position is ideal for someone looking to work part-time at a high level, while balancing family life at home.
This self-motivated, experienced individual will assist with day-to-day PR and communications, possesses strong writing and proofreading skills, has a solid understanding of media relations and has previous relevant job experience. This team member supports the development, execution and measurement of creative concepts and FULL communications plans including timelines and content. Ideal candidates are corporate communicators and strategic thinkers as responsibilities vary between developing content for press releases, social media, blogs and email communications. The position requires an individual with a passion for emerging media and an understanding of social media and public relations as it applies to business objectives.
- Support client PR and Communications by:
- Updating and maintaining media lists
- Developing and posting news releases
- Creating content for clients’ various channels and audiences
- Monitoring and moderating clients’ social channels, and relevant news
- Tracking analytics and providing support for results reporting
- Compiling industry research and insights
- New business development lead generation (additional commission % opportunity)
- Strong research skills and ability to summarize large amounts of data into digestible takeaways
- Experience with drafting full communications plan that include talking points, content, PPTs, etc.
- Knowledge and use of AP style writing
- Knowledge and use of media relations tactics
- Experience creating news releases, pitches and other media briefing materials
- Ability to meet deadlines promptly and effectively
- Strong writing skills
- Great attention to detail, enthusiasm, organization, multi-tasking and desire to be a team player
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to work individually
- Ability to prioritize assignments, meet deadlines and adapt to changing client needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 20 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, 9:30am to 2:30pm.
Email resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please also include several writing samples (PPT decks, communications plans, press releases, etc.)