BizCom Associates, an award-winning public relations agency located in Plano, is looking to hire an entry-level PR professional with approximately 0-2 years of experience in public relations, communications, marketing or other related industries.
If you are a driven individual eager to develop valuable PR experience through a position that offers numerous opportunities for growth, then this Account Assistant position is the job for you!
As an Account Assistant, you will have the opportunity to get plenty of hands-on experience assisting in multiple accounts as you support Account Managers and Account Executives in securing media placements for our growing roster of clients. Daily responsibilities include:
- Researching media to build comprehensive media contact lists
- Drafting press releases, blogs, media pitches, memos, blogs, internal communication, and more
- Involvement in regular planning and status update meetings between agency leadership and clients
- Assisting in management of BizCom’s social media accounts, including drafting content and engaging with clients and media
- Researching client verticals to help identify new trade publications, trends and reporters to connect with
- Creating client-facing monthly media recap reports
- Planning and booking agency outings
For this position, we prefer you have the following skills and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication, marketing, or some other related major is preferred
- 0-2 years prior internship and/or work experience in related fields
- Familiarity with AP Style writing
- Experience with social media posting and promotion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Willingness to continue learning on a daily basis
- A positive attitude that comes with a smile!
But of course, there is more to this experience than all work and no play… We like to think our office culture is pretty fun despite our hectic agency schedules! Some extra “perks” of joining the BizCom team include work-from-anywhere days, monthly agency outings (think TopGolf, Studio Movie Grill, Rangers Games…the list goes on!), and an unlimited amount of snacks and good meals (many of which come from our very own tasty clients), just to name a few.
This is a full-time, paid position for 40 hours per week. Pay is commensurate with experience.
If this job and all the valuable experience to be gained from it sounds like the right fit for you, send your resume and three writing samples to Melissa Rubin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in 1999, BizCom Associates specializes in helping international business leaders, entrepreneurs and franchise companies promote their products and services around the world. The agency’s clients include Dwyer Group, Edible Arrangements, Gold’s Gym, Explore Horizons, Mr. Gatti’s Pizza, Gigi’s Cupcakes, Restoration 1, bluefrog Plumbing + Drain, 9Round, ComForCare Home Care and Solera.