The YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth is an association deep with history and tradition. Founded in 1890, this large YMCA recently celebrated its 125 year anniversary. The dynamic leadership team is dedicated to excellence and working to execute a strategic plan with a long term vision of preparing youth to succeed and serve. Our association staff and volunteers are entrepreneurial in spirit with a management style allowing key staff and volunteers to set the direction of the association for the common good of all. This $25M organization with 15 branch/operating units and approximately 1300+ staff members seeks a VP to lead the Associations strategic marketing efforts.
Under the direction of the COO, the VP is responsible for providing strategic leadership to build the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact. Developing and implementing effective marketing and communication strategies to grow market share of the Ys programs, services and membership will be a key component of this job. Additionally, the VP will ensure that opportunities to strengthen the image of the YMCA in the community are leveraged.
PREFERRED CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES:
Education & Certifications: Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications or equivalent. YMCA Leadership certification required within three years from date of hire.
Experience & Background: Eight or more years of professional experience in all aspects of communications, marketing, public relations or other related-field in the YMCA or another not-for-profit preferred. Four years minimum of professional experience in a management role. Ability to relate to top community leaders. Demonstrated extensive, successful writing and editing experience with a variety of print and digital media; exceptional oral, interpersonal and presentation skills. Demonstrated experience and leadership in developing and managing innovative, comprehensive, strategic communications to advance an organization’s goals and objectives. Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
KEY FOCUS AREAS:
- Lead Association efforts to define an integrated marketing strategy that identifies new branding and promotional opportunities and strengthens the current marketing and communications structure.
- Develops annual operating goals, objectives and plans for the marketing and communications needs of the Association. Monitors the achievement of this plan, taking appropriate action to ensure that the goals and objectives are met, and producing a return on investment.
- Develops, produces and distributes program information necessary to promote assigned programs, in accordance with membership and marketing plans.
- Leads the Association’s work in making data driven decisions related to market trends, growth opportunities and future needs. Provides and maintains related statistics and reports.
- Serves as the Associations primary contacts with media representatives and writes and submits press releases when appropriate. Maintains updated files of YMCA’s media relations (both press and electronic). Partner with leadership team to handle internal and external crisis communications planning, management, training and response.
- Develops, monitors and administers assigned annual budget and maintains a positive fiscal position.
- Develops effective working relationships with service groups, community organizations and companies. Makes presentations about the YMCA.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and supervises assigned staff and volunteers. Provides training in marketing and communications. Educates, motivates and provides feedback to individuals related to best practices in marketing and communications.
- Manages and drive vendor relationships related to the YMCA brand.
- Partners with Association leaders to develop strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community.
- Provides marketing and awareness for association financial development initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate special events, including annual meeting and donor recognition events.
- Serves as a resource and participates as a leader of various staff committee and leadership groups.
- Works directly with assigned committees of the board (Example: Marketing Committee) to build volunteer relationships, oversee marketing initiatives and meet the related needs of the board.
- Provides direction to assigned staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities in achieving strategic and operating plan goals; prepares and manages associated budgets. Current staff structure consists of two staff, one marketing specialist/designer and one digital communications manager.
- Community - Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the Y’s efforts for all stakeholders.
- Philanthropy - Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels.
- Relationships - Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y.
- Influence - Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance the Y’s mission and goals.
- Communication - Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals.
- Innovation - Participates in the generation, experimentation, and implementation of new approaches and activities that improve and expand the Y’s mission and work.
- Functional Expertise - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
If interested, please send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org