With the entire Development and Communications team, the Social Media Coordinator will serve a key role in the execution of digital marketing initiatives. The three primary areas include content creation, customer service responses, and metrics collections and data analysis.
Produce, implement, and continually refine social media content as a critical component of the Amon Carter’s overarching integrated communications function.
- Adhere to institutional brand identity with social media content. Edit content prior to posting to ensure consistent institutional voice.
- Independently and strategically align timing of social media with other content distribution (email marketing, website, Program magazine, advertising, and public relations).
- Determine and develop multimedia content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Snapchat, blogs, and other social media sites.
- Work closely with colleagues in other departments to develop content.
- Audit existing video materials and work with Publications Department to develop new content.
- Monitor and respond to user generated content and comments on social media.
- Sort and tag incoming user generated content via our content management platform.
- Develop measurement standards for the Amon Carter’s social media efforts and report on them regularly. Work with colleagues in PR/Marketing to refine strategy to improve metrics and audience reach.
- Execute best practice research on social media trends, emerging technologies, and measurement standards.
- Contribute to event coverage through live tweeting and digital engagement.
- Additional digital marketing execution as needed.
Skills and Requirements
- Writing and editing skills required
- Marketing experience required
- Social media experience required
- Internship experience in non-profit and writing skills preferred.
- Video experience suggested
- Excellent written communication and organizational skill; proficient in composition, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Knowledge of content marketing channels and highly adept with social media
- Must pass required background and drug screens
- Creative and collaborative
- Analytical and problem-solver who takes initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in relationship building, direct marketing, program creation, special events, promotions, and publications
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work independently and self-manage time
- Leader who works well independently or in a group
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or public relations preferred
- If university student, 4th or 5th semester undergraduate student, preferred or graduate level student.
Other Job Requirements
- If University student, 1 full year commitment preferred.
- Maintain confidentiality of all museum information and records.
- Some evening/weekend work required.
- Some schedule flexibility due to nature of position.
- Minimum of 20 hours per week up to 29 hours per week.
- Must complete background screen and drug screen.
- Must have a smartphone or comparable digital technology to facilitate remote access to institutional accounts.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com, fax to 817-665-4315 or mail to Human Resources, 3501 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas 76107. No walk-ins.