Working with general supervision, the Senior Investor Relations Analyst serves as a liaison between the company and the global investment community. Principle outcomes include effective delivery of pertinent company information in an effort to achieve fair stock valuation. Working for the VP of Corporate Communications, the Senior Investor Relations Analyst will be involved with program strategy, operations, budgets and vendor management. He/She will also work closely with the Accounting and Finance departments to ensure that the financial information being publicly disseminated is timely and accurate.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Articulate the company’s strategy, financial results, growth opportunities and business initiatives to current and potential shareholders and sell-side analysts.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with buy and sell-side analysts, and portfolio managers to sustain the company’s credibility and image with the global investment community.
- Understand current market perceptions of the company and anticipate reactions by the investment community to various strategic decisions; provide applicable feedback to senior executives.
- Monitor, compile and distribute equity analyst research to key internal stakeholders.
- Assist in the creation of quarterly earnings materials, including reviewing schedules, scripts, Q&A, and preparing call books.
- Create presentation materials and manage logistics for all investor relations events. This includes speaking engagements at conferences, investor road shows, shareholder meetings, and other events as directed.
- Participate in the production of all quarterly and annual reports and proxy statements.
- Respond effectively and timely to retail and institutional shareholder inquiries about company and industry matters.
- Develop active communication channels with all internal departments of GameStop to gain awareness of key developments.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications on external communications to maintain consistent messaging. Ensure all communication is appropriate for external delivery.
- Maintain the company’s investor website, updating it with current and relevant content.
- Serve as a liaison between the IR team and web-hosting, investor insights and contact management vendors.
- Prepare periodic reports for executive management on changes in ownership, sell-side analyst estimates and price targets, trading activity, peer comparisons of financial performance
- Model the leadership skills expected of all GameStop leaders including, but not limited to, emotional maturity; the ability to create and sustain productive, trusting relationships; agility and flexibility; a commitment to a respectful, inclusive culture; and strong performance and service orientations.
- Building Strategic Work Relationships: Developing/using collaborative relationships to facilitate accomplishment of work goals.
- Business Acumen: Using product and industry information to understand and improve business results; understanding major business functions, industry trends, and GameStop’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Compelling Communication: Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others' attention.
- Executive Disposition: Demonstrating a poised, credible, and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect; conveying an image that is consistent with the organization's vision and values.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Accredited bachelor’s degree in business finance, accounting or related field required
- Three or more years of experience in investor relations and/or accounting/ finance in a publicly traded, corporate environment; additional corporate communications experience preferred.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient networking skills and the ability to confidently communicate with investment professionals
- Working knowledge of SEC disclosure requirements
- Expert ability to understand and effectively communicate GameStop's business strategy
- Working understanding of financial statements and general accounting principles.
- Expert knowledge of NYSE rules and regulations
- Proficient organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple, overlapping, and potentially conflicting priorities
- Proficient ability to prepare compelling, high-impact presentations for senior organizational leaders, financiers, and other strategic and functional stakeholders and business partners
- Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to positively model the organization’s commitment to integrity, diversity, inclusion, and maintaining a respectful workplace.
- Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
- Proficient relationship building skills in order to build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
- Consistently demonstrates commitment to all statutory and industry requirements, along with GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
Apply Online: http://careers.gamestop.com/jobsearch/job-details/sr-analyst-investor-relations/Sr-Analyst---Investor-Relations_Req-39158-1/WorkDay/1/