Job Title: Lifestyle & Events Senior Account Executive/Senior Account Manager
Reports To: Jo Trizila, CEO
Summary: TrizCom Public Relations is looking for a highly driven senior-level team member to join our firm during an exciting time of growth. This position primarily works on B2C, lifestyle and event type clients.
You'll need to have great communication skills, almost unreal time management skills and a desire to cultivate and secure strategic media – print, broadcast, online, etc. Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing short- and long- term media, community relations and public relations plans, and the ability to work effectively within a team is also required. Proven relationships with existing media contacts, regional, national and associated trade outlets is required. Our ideal candidate must be willing to be hands-on and have initiative that can work and learn fast in a boutique style environment. You will be juggling multiple projects so you must be self-motivated, have a positive attitude, amazing story telling traits and be a strong leader!
The AE may manage 3-4 accounts independently. Accounts will primarily be within their dedicated practice area, but also may cross other practices based on staffing needs.
Essential Responsibilities/Duties: Responsible for establishing and maintaining a valued relationship with the media and targeted communities on behalf of our newest clients through the implementation of key objectives that include media relations, community relations, influencer campaigns, speaking engagements, grass roots initiatives and management of key business-building programs.
- Establish goals, data driven objectives and strategies for media/analyst relations campaigns.
- Develop relationships with media from local community papers, regional, national and trade, plus analysts and other industry influencers.
- Manage all accounts’ media inquiries, including communication of a brand’s position and messaging during media interviews. Serve as primary contact with reporters (print, broadcast, online and social media), analysts and other industry influencers.
- Develop the client’s communication plan along with editorial calendar.
- Write pitches, articles and releases.
- Study demographic data to identify desired target audiences for print, broadcast, online and social media outlets.
- Evaluate editorial content, ratings and audience composition of a wide range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach target audience.
- Manage relationships with trade journals and publications to ensure corporate visibility is maintained in key channels.
- Participate in the development of editorial pieces as they relate to product releases or corporate objectives.
- Ability to cross-pollinate accounts.
- Must be able to think creatively and be an awesome storyteller.
- Implement new strategies to ensure communications are in concert with rapidly changing technologies.
- Work independently.
- Deliver and interpret analytics reports. Assists on administrative assignments for the firm as necessary and as time permits.
- Must possess excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Must pay close attention to detail, particularly in editing and reporting.
- Must be proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite of products, as well as other internet tools and technologies such as TrendKite, Cision, Mention, TV Eyes, (or similar programs); internet research and PowerPoint skills are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Journalism/Marketing/Public Relations/Integrated Marketing.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working with media (broadcast, print, online or social media) as an account executive, preferably within an agency environment.
- Excellent media relations skills.
- Excellent writer.
- Proven social and digital media expertise.
- Creative, strategic thinker.
- Strong initiative, leadership skills and work ethic.
- Proven ability to creatively copywrite and place pitches, press releases, case studies, white papers, reports and business correspondence.
- Superior interpersonal skills – oral and written, as well as analytical and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel locally – the position requires approximately 20% of local travel to external clients, media interviews and offsite/after-hours meetings and events.
- Experience promoting lifestyle and events a plus.
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English).
About TrizCom PR: In TrizCom, organizations ranging from corporations to nonprofits to start-ups gain a team of savvy PR professionals who think creatively and develop truly innovative communications ideas that build buzz and raise brand awareness for our clients.
Working with TrizCom is the difference between PR that’s box-checking and PR that’s groundbreaking. Combining best practices and best thinking, we empower communications with bigger, bolder ideas that break through clutter and achieve results for our clients.
That’s what happens when you partner with a team with 178 years of combined experience in the field – and a track record of client successes.
- We offer a full complement of strategic communications and public relations services; among our core tactics and competencies: Agency of Record Public Relations/Media Strategy, Media Relations, Content Creation, Events, Crisis Communications, Issues Management, Reputation Management, Social Media Strategy, Influencer Campaigns, Publicity Representation, Award Submissions, Charitable Giving Strategy, Investor Relations, Nonprofit Marketing, Analyst Strategy, Internal Communications, Legislative Affairs, Start-Up/Entrepreneur Launches & Campaigns.
- We know the media. We already have key connections and relationships with your most attractive media outlets, publications and influencers. (We’re writers, and many of us are former journalists ourselves.) We make you a media favorite by making journalists’ lives easier, building an entire story for them, doing much of their work for them.
- We employ proven, successful best practices on what information is provided to which media at what time in which format, to ensure that the right targets are reached.
- We put strategy before tactics. We believe that an integrated strategy works better than scattershot tactics, combining consistent messaging and a detailed, provocative communications plan to reach your most valuable audiences.
- We don’t just build buzz, we build relationships. We know how to help the media and influencers make a connection and write/produce a story while keeping long-term relationship-building in mind.
- We’ve won our share of awards and designations, including: 2017 Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Best of Show Pegasus Award: Heroes for Children; 2017 Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Pegasus Award: Solis Mammography and Heroes for Children; 2017 Dallas Business Journal Top 25 Public Relations Firms, 2017 Vendor of the Year Award: Taco Bueno, 2016 Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Award of Honor: Solis Mammography, 2016 PRSA Award of Honor: Operation Kindness, 2016 PRSA Award of Honor: Goodway Group, 2015 PRSA Dallas Pegasus Award: Jeff Gusky: Hidden World of WWI; 2015 PRSA Dallas Award of Honor: Operation Kindness; 2015 PRSA Dallas Award of Honor: SocialCentiv; 2015 Dallas Business Journal Top 25 Public Relations Firms; 2014 Dallas Business Journal Top 25 Public Relations Firms; National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC); Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB).
- We believe collaboration is key, and we promote ongoing, back-and-forth communication between your team and ours.
Follow TrizCom PR on social media:
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, writing samples and salary requirements to Jo Trizila – Jo@TrizCom.com. No phone calls please.
Expected hire date – immediately.