TrizCom Public Relations is looking for a highly driven senior-level team member to join our firm during an exciting time of growth.
You'll need to have great communication skills, almost unreal time management skills and a desire to cultivate and secure strategic media – print, broadcast, online, etc. Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing short- and long- term media, community relations and public relations plans, and the ability to work effectively within a team is also required. Proven relationships with existing media contacts, regional, national and associated trade outlets is required. Our ideal candidate must be willing to be hands on and have initiative that can work and learn fast. You will be juggling multiple projects so you must be self-motivated, have a positive attitude and be a strong leader!
Responsible for establishing and maintaining a valued relationship with the media and targeted communities on behalf of our newest clients through the implementation of key initiatives that include press releases, editorial/byline pieces, speaking engagements, pitching, grass roots initiatives and management of key business-building programs.
- Establish goals, objectives and strategies for media/analyst relations campaigns.
- Develop relationships with media from local community papers, regional, national and trade, plus analysts and other industry influencers.
- Manage all accounts’ media inquiries, including communication of a brand’s position and messaging during media interviews. Serve as primary contact with reporters (print, broadcast, online and social media), analysts and other industry influencers.
- Write pitches, articles and releases.
- Study demographic data to identify desired target audiences for print, broadcast, online and social media outlets.
- Evaluate editorial content, ratings and audience composition of a wide range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach target audience.
- Manage relationships with trade journals and publications to ensure corporate visibility is maintained in key channels.
- Participate in the development of editorial pieces as they relate to product releases or corporate objectives.
- Ability to cross-pollinate accounts.
- Must be able to think creatively and be an awesome storyteller.
- Implement new strategies to ensure communications are in concert with rapidly changing technologies, including web 2.0 technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Journalism, Marketing or other related field.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working with media (broadcast, print, online or social media) as an account executive.
- Demonstrated ability to write pitches, press releases, case studies, white papers, reports and business correspondence.
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills, as well as analytical and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel locally – the position requires approximately 25% of local travel to external clients, media interviews and offsite/after-hours meetings and events.
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English)
If interested, please send cover letter, resume and a sample press release announcing your new position at TrizCom PR to Trizcom@trizcom.com.