Expert storytelling. Diversity of perspective. Authenticity. Results. The award winning H+K Strategies Dallas office is a family of smart, social, strategic communications professionals looking for a rock-star Principal to join our team. This is an opportunity to take your career to the next level within a global network of energized experts, working across a diverse roster of consumer, corporate, public affairs and technology clients. This position encompasses the roles and responsibilities of a traditional Senior Account Supervisor.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton +YOU, together.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading client accounts by overseeing junior team members, delegating tasks, providing client counsel, executing client initiatives, ensuring client satisfaction and anticipating needs and potential issues as they arise
- Serving as a point of quality control, reviewing and editing written materials to ensure high quality and precision in client deliverables
- Exercising your creativity and strategic thinking in account management and planning, media strategy and event production
- Developing project plans, leading brainstorming sessions, providing proactive recommendations and maintaining relationships with key media contacts
- Managing, mentoring and coaching junior staff through constructive feedback, goal setting and consistent communication
- Overseeing account profitability by managing client budgets, tracking the utilization of account team members and ensuring key programs are executed on time and within budget
- Generating fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that parallel our client objectives
- Participating in the new business process by developing plans, responding to RFPs and presenting in front of potential client contacts
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours & location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, commuter assistance and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts that include on-the-verge startups and global giants
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative office culture
- New business commission potential and employee referral bonus
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree
- 6-9 years of public relations/communications experience in a PR agency environment
- Ability to produce results for a variety of clients
- Skilled client counselor with the ability to ensure client satisfaction through world-class service and results
- Strong expertise in media strategy and execution with a strong base of relevant media contacts
- Digital & social media savvy with an understanding of how to reach a target audience and drive engagement
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail and love of the written word
- Skilled storyteller able to ideate strong client narratives that capture attention and communicate a clear brand message
- Management experience with a passion for guiding, mentoring and coaching junior staff
- Familiarity with building and managing client budgets
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Professionalism, poise and confidence participating in a variety of situations including leading client meetings, client events and new business pitches
- Passion, integrity and excitement for working with industry-leading teams and clients within a globally influential firm
Hill+Knowlton Strategies has been at the forefront of strategic communications since 1927. Today, our team of trusted advisors and creative experts work across 13 offices in the United States, in disciplines including corporate, crisis, consumer marketing, technology, healthcare, content marketing, digital communications as well as public affairs and financial communications. Our commitments to our people and to fostering a culture of work-life blend have led to the ﬁrm earning the prestigious Work-Life Seal of Distinction, an award for the Most Innovative Agency Initiative, and being named among the Top Places to Work in PR and the Organizations of the Year for gender diversity. Headquartered in New York City, our parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has more than 80 offices in 50 countries as well as an extensive associate network. Because of our footprint and breadth of expertise, we can seamlessly partner with clients locally, regionally and around the world to solve business challenges with impact.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.