QMobius, a brand marketing and public relations firm with a relentless focus on helping clients grow their businesses and build their brands, has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Public Relations Manager. The position will support national consumer clients, and we are looking for the best and brightest to join us!
- Manage a variety of diverse client and agency projects including media relations, social media, corporate communications, marketing and events.
- Media relations: Conduct proactive media relations outreach and build relationship with key media and bloggers. Provide strategy and story angles for pitching. Develop media materials. Coordinate media relations efforts with team. Manage interview process and prepare client spokespeople. Manage requests for samples and photography. Conduct monitoring and reporting.
- Social media: Provide strategy and creative approaches. Develop content. Conduct monitoring and engagement. Analyze results and develop reports.
- Manage events: Conduct planning, logistics and execution for spokesperson tours, showroom and desk side media briefings, grand openings, product launches, regional briefings, in-store events, and other client-sponsored events.
- Conduct research and analysis, monitoring and reporting. Learn and understand clients’ business and competitive landscape and the trends within each industry. Support consumer research initiatives.
- Write, edit, review and proofread written materials including, media materials, press releases, pitches, blogs, social media content, communications materials, print and digital publications, video scripts, and speeches. Develop presentations, reports and proposals.
- Manage projects and team members. Supervise, mentor and develop junior staff.
- Bachelor degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- 4-6 years of experience with a track record of success in project management.
- Experience with national brands in the consumer and retail space.
- Strong media relations expertise with success placing stories with top-tier media and influencers.
- Detail-oriented and disciplined with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitask and handle multifaceted assignments. Self-motivation and direction, strong initiative and work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and proofreading and editing skills.
- Creativity and an integrated approach. An understanding of ROI and how to demonstrate value.
- Ability to work independently and as strong collaborative partner with account executives, clients and colleagues.
- Genuine passion for serving clients, a desire to learn and stay on top of best practices. The ability to contribute meaningful insights to our team.
- Experience supporting business development activities and helping with proposals.
- Experience with Mac Systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Photoshop, Cision, TVEyes, and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram. Experience with paid media (banner ads, Facebook ads etc.) is a plus.
Salary will depend on experience and level. We offer a full benefits package including 20 days per year of paid time off, seven paid holidays and one floating holiday, the opportunity to work from home, health/vision/dental insurance, a 401(k) with a 3% company contribution even if the employee doesn’t contribute, eligibility for bonuses up to 10% of base salary based on individual and company performance, and paid maternity/paternity leave.
The QMobius difference extends from how we service our clients to our unique work environment. We value dedication, teamwork and commitment, as well as fun, learning and professional development. For more on our award-winning agency, visit QMobius.com.
To apply for the Public Relations Manager position, submit your resume to Careers2017@QMobius.com. Please indicate the position title in your subject line.