Public Relations and Communications Specialist
The Public Relations and Communications Specialist is responsible for planning, developing, and distributing communications on behalf of TDIndustries, accurately representing the brand, principles, and voice of the organization. He/she will report directly to the Communications Manager and will coordinate communications content in support of TDIndustries’ strategic plan and regional business objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Generate persuasive articles and press releases to secure targeted story placement and media coverage and/or speaking opportunities.
- Provide media training and assist in implementing crisis communications protocol.
- Develop and write communication materials, including original copy development, editing, etc.
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships with the press and trade publications to secure high-quality placements.
- Utilize media platforms and newswire distribution tools to monitor relevant content for TDIndustries within all media outlets.
- Manage and write for TDIndustries’ external publication (TDSpirit) and award submissions.
- Collaborate with team members and subject matter experts to develop communication materials for the appropriate audiences.
- Measures and presents results of PR communication efforts.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of journalism, communications, or marketing experience in Architectural/Engineering/Construction industry preferred.
- Sound knowledge of public relations and marketing principles is essential.
- Excellent written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills. Ability to tailor written materials to a variety of audiences (industry-oriented, press, owner/community, etc.).
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities while achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail.
- Proven track record working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong knowledge of AP style guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Adobe Creative Suite applications preferred.