Looking for an agency with an entrepreneurial spirit that’s on the fast-track to growth? Do you like surrounding yourself with a tenacious, whip-smart team, with the freedom to leave your mark on your day to day role?
Idea Grove is an integrated public relations and digital boutique agency based in Dallas and serving B2B technology clients across the nation. We work with established brands like Amazon, NEC and Stanford, along with emerging companies in cutting-edge technology sectors like converged infrastructure and SaaS for industries spanning healthcare, financial services, retail and more. We help clients win by orchestrating high-profile, integrated programs that drive business growth, working with clients’ C-suite to get the attention of media, influencers, customers and partners.
Driving this strategy are our core values embodied by each and every team member.
• Creativity: We are idea people.
• Boundless Energy: We have a high motor.
• Accountability: We own our own stuff.
As a member of Idea Grove’s public relations team, you would help support our clients with account management, media relations, analyst relations, social media and coordinate with digital marketing team members to increase brand awareness and drive business results. For smaller clients, you would operate as the day-to-day account lead.
A typical day might involve building media lists, writing press releases, reviewing social or blog content, leading a client status call or pitching trade, local and national media. To succeed, you’ll need strong writing and communication skills, an attention to detail, exceptional organization, and the ability to juggle multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to working with some pretty cool clients and surrounding yourself with a fun, driven team, you’ll also get to experience our quarterly team events (Texas State Fair, bowling, escape room and more), regular happy hours, training and mentoring through our Idea Grove University program, unlimited time off, and the ability to work from just about anywhere one day a week. Plus, we have a killer snack cart.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, edit and finalize external materials such as news releases, media pitches, social media posts, blogs and other content on behalf of clients, ensuring that client-facing materials meet the highest standard.
- Build and nurture relationships with relevant journalists on behalf of clients and proactively identify opportunities that support client goals.
- Develop and execute public relations campaign strategies around product launches or other major initiatives.
- Conduct industry and competitive research and connect research findings to identify opportunities for clients.
- Research, develop and maintain media, analyst and influencer lists for clients.
- Collaborate with the social media team to promote client initiatives and increase followers and influence.
- Research, develop and maintain a speaker’s bureau, editorial calendars and awards calendars for clients, drafting submissions and proactively ensuring deadlines are met.
- Develop media and analyst background briefing materials for client spokespeople.
- Staff media interviews.
- Lead internal and client meetings as needed.
- Create and maintain a project plan for clients to track progress of cross-functional activities across the agency.
- Develop and track statements of work for client projects.
- Prepare campaign-specific, monthly and quarterly reports for clients that track progress against objectives and KPIs.
- Help manage and coach interns.
- Uphold Idea Grove’s integrity and quality standards across all client interactions and projects.
- Participate in occasional training sessions on digital marketing and public relations to support a high standard across the agency.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Two to three years of experience
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in AP style
To apply, please visit https://www.ideagrove.com/careers/account-executive .