The Production and Digital Communications Specialist for Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains (GS-TOP) is responsible for production center management and digital communications. The production center provides graphic design, collateral production and facilitates printing to support Council marketing/communications, fund development, membership and product program needs. She/he implements and maintains cost-effective and efficient administrative procedures and quality production processes to ensure effective project management. The Production and Digital Communications Specialist maintains and advances the Girl Scout brand identify by producing designs for a variety of print and digital needs and managing the Council’s social media channels. She/he maintains the content management system for the Council website, ensuring appropriate Girl Scout branding and messaging. The incumbent works under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications, with dotted line responsibility to the Director of Information Technology/Business Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications, this person coordinates, schedules, facilitates and monitors printing and production services; organizes and implements a production work schedule for processing requests, creates and implements an accountability system for each phase of the production schedule to ensure the timely completion and availability of projects, and provides direction and support during schedule interruptions to accommodate emergency requests.
- Designs council materials, including, but not limited to, fliers, posters, invitations, programs, advertisements, and promotional giveaways.
- Formats and edits proposals, reports and manuals using Microsoft Word.
- Utilizes copiers and printing equipment to produce council materials.
- Develops digital content for GS-TOP website.
- Coordinates webpage maintenance, ensuring that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Manages the Council’s social media channels by developing, editing, publishing and sharing appropriate content.
- Promotes design guidelines, best practices and standards across all departments.
- Manages the day-to-day production center and provides customer service to staff.
- Manages all aspects of the production center, including staff requests and resolution of development of reference materials, graphic designs and standard operating procedures with responsibility of equipment, copiers, and mailroom.
- Implements efficient department workflow process
- Develops, implements, and manages departmental graphic designs and illustrations to ensure standards and guidelines are met.
- Assist communications department with Council-wide graphic design projects as needed.
- Provides administrative support for organizational projects.
- Operates production equipment.
- Verifies completed projects meet quality standards.
- Monitors all printing systems to ensure that procedure and guidelines are followed.
- Manages response to design and print requests of staff.
- Oversees mail and office supply ordering under the supervision of Director of Information/Business Operations.
- Manages all mailing accounts and ensures proper delivery of outgoing mail.
- Manages ordering of office supplies for the Fort Worth office.
- Develops and maintains a system of record keeping for paper needs in the Fort Worth office, ensuring paper is readily available for printing needs.
- Provides support to leadership and cross-functional departments as directed.
- Provides consultation and assistance to other departments during project development regarding the design/printing production process including how to coordinate and facilitate the project’s requirements in a timely manner, formulating and preparing print requests, recommends various printing systems including cost analysis and timeline impacts for specified projects.
- Prints council collateral materials.
- Coordinates printing and production requirements with outside vendors as necessary.
- Achieve results
- Customer Service Responsiveness
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Marketing Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Decision and Judgement
JOB QUALIFICATIONS - - Knowledge, skills and abilities
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Advertising, Communications or equivalent experience in related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is required.
- Experience with social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter.
- Ability to expedite, organize and track a large and varying workflow involving multiple deadlines.
- Ability to archive and organize files, projects and art and fulfill requests.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use the internet and electronic media successfully
- Must be an ambitious self-starter, a critical thinker, an active listener and goal oriented. Must possess good time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact constructively with a wide range of personalities, with the ability to collaborate with people across functional teams
- Must hold membership in the Girl Scout organization and commitment to the mission and goals of Girl Scouting including the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Demonstrate and promote a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to coworkers, volunteers, and others you come in contact with.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and produce results.
- Must be able to work under pressure and problem solve in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work with staff, volunteers, third party vendors and other businesses.
- Verbal fluency, good grammar and professional appearance.
- Adheres to the Council’s Affirmative Action Policy, which ensure that there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, before and after hours, and on weekends, when required.
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, work in an office environment, work in a seated position, and work with computers.
- The employee must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TO APPLY, SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: email@example.com