Who we are
We're The Beck Group, the largest and most innovative integrated building firm in the country. We are focused on delivering design and construction excellence on a broad range of project types. Headquartered in the Arts District in downtown Dallas, with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Fort Worth, Mexico City, and Tampa, we believe a better process and outcome results from working together. At Beck, you will find yourself surrounded by passionate colleagues who have a collaborative mindset and care about each other. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest, and that's why we are seeking a Public Relations and Communications Manager like you to help continue building Beck's respected reputation.
What you bring to the table
Beck is looking for a talented Public Relations and Communications Manager to join our four-person marketing team based in Dallas, Texas. This person will help shape the voice of Beck to the outside world. The job involves the following responsibilities:
Marketing responsibilities include helping to implement the firm-wide marketing plan established annually by the Chief Marketing Officer and our local offices. Our new team member will be expected to coordinate with each of our offices to implement marketing plans and create content that highlights the work of each of our seven offices (Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Denver, Fort Worth, Mexico City and Tampa).
This individual will champion Beck's content management/visible firm strategy including management of our website (www.beckgroup.com), Beck Think Blog and social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram).
Communications, Content Management, and Public Relations
This role will serve as the company voice, identifying strategic communications topics and solely responsible for:
- Managing the relationship and activities of our outside PR agency
- Developing company-wide communications on strategic initiatives to promote key market sectors and areas of business focus
- Developing news articles on key initiatives and securing placement in trade and non-trade publications
- Creating and distributing press releases to media outlets
- News results tracking and reporting
- Creating custom e-blasts for multiple markets
- Managing all website content
- Leading and executing the content management strategy
- Managing social media channels
- Write case studies on key projects, incorporating Beck's differentiators
- Write, edit, research, and QC check all data related to Beck marketing materials (e.g., resumes, project descriptions and case studies, boilerplate material, client information)
Who we think will be a great fit
The ideal candidate is an experienced communicator and creative problem-solver with exceptional writing and communication skills, and the ability to work well in a highly collaborative manner with both internal and external team members. This individual will play an integral role in setting, managing and also implementing the strategic marketing communications plan for the entire company. This position will report to the National Marketing Director and will work closely with C-Suite leadership.
You also meet the following requirements:
Required Skills and Experience
- Seven to 10 years of experience in similar public relations, marketing, and communications capacities
- A 4-year degree from an accredited higher education institution is required. A Bachelor's degree in writing, journalism, marketing, advertising, or a related field, is preferred.
- Superior communication skills, including writing, grammar, proofing, and editing
- Strong marketing skills and knowledge of best practices
- Experience implementing a comprehensive marketing and content management strategy
- Experience partnering with third-parties and consultants on marketing and communications initiatives
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the AEC industry preferred, but not essential
- Experience in public relations beneficial, but not necessary with proven experience
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat is a plus
Frequently required to sit, stand, and move about the office; frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment; constantly communicates with the Marketing team, Beck employees, and external vendors/consultants; ability to adhere to timely and consistent attendance.
Join our team and build your future with Beck.
The Beck Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.