Salary: $51,281.36 - $76,921.94 Annually
Manages the daily operations of the Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB). This includes planning and coordinating marketing and sales activities to enhance Mesquite's image as a destination for conventions, corporate meetings, business travel, leisure travel, sports tournaments, tours, day-travelers and events as well as those target audiences associated with the SMERF (Social, Military, Educational, Religious, Fraternal) tourism audiences.
- General supervision is provided by the Director of Communications and Marketing. Responsible for the supervision of the CVB staff and volunteers.
You can search for this position's full job description here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct and Rules of Behavior outlined in Chapter 8 of the General Government Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Develops plans and manages implementation of CVB marketing plans, sales programs and branding initiatives.
- Manages and maintains current tourism marketing strategies/trends, including an annual marketing plan, to promote Mesquite as a convention and visitor destination.
- Manages the CVB's annual operating budget and directs the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Manages CVB full-time staff, interns and volunteers, including hiring, training and other skill development programs.
- Serves as a liaison to local, state, and national meeting planners in coordinating conventions and events to be held in Mesquite.
- Manages CVB programs that compliment visitor-related activities, facilities and events for historic downtown Mesquite, Mesquite Arts Center, Historic Mesquite, Inc., Mesquite Municipal Airport and the Mesquite Parks and Recreation Department.
- Represents the CVB at conferences, conventions, trade shows, and special events.
- Conducts overnight travel as necessary to meet with business prospects, participate in marketing events and meetings in and outside of Texas, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Manage relationships and partnerships with local and regional hospitality industry which promotes tourism in Mesquite, including hotels, restaurants, tour companies, retail centers and area attractions.
- Prepares and presents written and oral reports regarding the activities of the CVB and its economic impacts of successful sales and ROI analytics of marketing.
- Manages media relations for CVB activities, including press releases, story pitches and other tactics to sell Mesquite to tourism journalists and travel writers/bloggers.
- Manages CVB marketing, including website, advertisements, social media, video production, photography, digital communications, visual displays, promotional campaigns, printed publications and other marketing tools.
- Manages sales marketing, sales RFPs and other sales-related activities to successfully secure overnight bookings for large and small groups.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, public administration business administration or related field.
- Five years work experience in the marketing, public relations, convention, visitors, hospitality, or tourism industries.
- One year supervisory experience is required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; with some weekends and evenings as needed for special projects.
APPLY ONLINE AT: www.cityofmesquite.com