The marketing specialist assists the marketing manager and the department with the execution of various marketing projects.
- Develops supporting campaign creative and assists senior marketing manager on the execution of campaigns. Manages designated project budgets.
- Provides brand marketing support on all campaigns and/or special projects for Greyhound (U.S., Canada and Mexico) and BoltBus.
- Manages street team deployments, including research of markets and venues, and acts as point of contact for staffing agency in relation to event and street team staffing.
- Supports event planning, including review of markets and venues, and executes the day-to-day needs for transportation, booth branding and activities, staffing, event logistics and reporting.
- Attends events (arts/music/food festivals) that Greyhound and BoltBus sponsors, interacts with customers who come to the booth and works with local event organizers on logistics.
- Provides marketing support for Greyhound Package Express in the U.S. and Canada, including ad campaigns (creative development and media negotiations), trade shows and Google Analytics reporting.
- Manages all promotional item inventory including research through supply vendor, quality control, warehouse management, shipping logistics and budget allocation. Manages relationship with warehouse vendor.
- Works with senior graphic designer to develop collateral creative and messaging for grassroots dissemination.
- Provides general support with special projects and all other marketing and advertising initiatives as seen fit.
- 2-4 years in marketing or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of creative development
- Experience working at events
- Organized and detail oriented a must
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects on a daily basis
To apply, please click on the following link to be taken to Greyhound’s job application website: https://apply.firstgroupcareers.com/vacancy/greyhound-corporate---marketing-specialist-14392/14418/description/. No follow-up calls or e-mails, please.