Industry pioneer Bell Helicopter is bringing new and exciting vertical lift products to the global market and is seeking an exceptional communicator to join its Strategic Communications team. This position will be responsible for crafting communications of the highest quality for the President and CEO and other senior executives that will reflect the company’s focus on innovation and a drive to transform the culture. The Executive Communications Manager reports to the Director of Global Communications and will be pivotal in shaping the way Bell Helicopter and its senior executive team are positioned with employees, in the market, and among key stakeholders.
The demanding and high-profile role will serve as the central hub for corporate and executive content, tone and style for all communications materials that are published internally and externally to ensure brand, thematic, and message consistency. The ideal candidate must be an artful writer and skilled strategic communicator who can translate complicated concepts into clear, compelling language for audiences ranging from employees to key stakeholders to media, as well as possess the ability to thrive under pressure. The finalist for this position will work with senior leaders and key subject matter experts to brainstorm, craft, and deliver thoughtful, compelling, creative, and thought-provoking materials. In addition, as required, this role will work closely with the creative team to provide accompanying visuals of the highest quality.
- Craft compelling content on behalf of Bell Helicopter President and CEO and other senior executives, and develop a keen understanding of each executive's style, tone, and preferences for speeches and executive communications.
- Provide recommendations on how to influence audience perceptions and behaviors.
- Develop communications content, tailored to the specific medium and audience requirements (e.g., speeches, scripts, talking points, web sites, briefing packets, preparation materials, backgrounders).
- Build a solid network of subject matter experts.
- Identify, research and produce written products that include keynote speeches; talking points; presentations; white papers; employee communication; and other business communications.
- Support media relations, public affairs and other communications initiatives that require high-level written products. Assist with ensuring synergistic messaging and brand consistency across all communications channels.
- Stay up to date on global current affairs, geopolitical issues, and industry trends that may be relevant to executive communications.
- Have a strategic orientation and an ability to see the big picture and around corners
- Manage details with precision and accuracy.
- Create an organized, functional reference set of needed information, metrics, statistics, etc., for various executive communication uses.
- Extraordinary application of grammar and AP style.
- May provide on-site support during key global events.
- 8-10 years of communications experience in corporate or government setting. The ideal candidate has a strong track record in producing high-quality, crisp speeches and presentations for senior executives or government leaders. All applicants for the position will be required submit a portfolio of material to demonstrate mastery of speechwriting and presentations.
- This is a communications position that operates at the highest levels of Bell Helicopter and therefore requires the requisite business skills needed to be credible with our executive team. In addition to functional expertise in corporate communications and impeccable verbal and written communication skills, the incumbent must be business savvy and be able to see the world through the lens of multiple stakeholders: senior executives, customers, industry experts, media, elected officials, regulators, and the larger business community.
- The desired candidate is the type of person who reads major national and international newspapers, magazines and websites, as well as relevant trade publications, and is conversant in the issues that define the moment.
- A collaborative, consultative approach.
- Exemplary organizational skills and an uncompromising eye for quality and detail in a deadline
- driven environment.
- Superb writing and editing skills and mastery of AP style and grammar.
- Experience guiding designers in support of visual storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Proficiency with full suite of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field
- Rotorcraft and/or aerospace industry experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Prefer candidates that can occasionally travel internationally. Global experience a plus