About Hitachi Consulting Corporation
Hitachi Consulting is the global solutions and professional services organization within Hitachi Ltd., a global innovation leader in industrial and information technology solutions and an early pioneer of the Internet of Things. Hitachi Consulting is a business integrator for the IoT era and a catalyst for digital transformation. Using our deep domain knowledge, we collaborate with clients to help them innovate faster, maximize operational efficiency and realize measurable, sustainable business and societal value. As a consulting-led solutions company, we can help you leverage data as a strategic asset to drive competitive differentiation, customer loyalty and growth. Visit www.hitachiconsulting.com
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (www.hitachi.com), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, delivers innovations that answer society's challenges with our talented team and proven experience in global markets. The company's consolidated revenues for fiscal 2014 (ended March 31, 2015) totaled 9,761 billion yen ($81.3 billion). Hitachi is focusing more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, which includes power & infrastructure systems, information & telecommunication systems, construction machinery, high functional materials & components, automotive systems, healthcare and others.
Hitachi Consulting is searching for a passionate communications professional with strong program management and facilitation skills to drive and execute our Americas internal communications strategy. This position will play a key role in implementing impactful communications programs and developing rigor and structure around our Americas leadership meetings and programs. The role will sit within the small yet fierce global internal communications team, enabling it to partner with communications stakeholders throughout the company to align global messages to employee audiences.
This individual must be able to quickly capture the voice of the executives while having the ability and confidence to make proactive recommendations; synthesize complex information on diverse subject matter; and integrate data gathered from multiple sources into clear, concise and inspiring communications. Proven writing skills required in a creative, business-like style. Boundless enthusiasm, can-do attitude, and a passion for learning are essential for this position.
S/he must also work independently with minimal input from leadership, to determine appropriate communications priorities and identify the right channels and audiences for each message. The successful candidate will balance proactive guidance and strategy with flawless execution to become a trusted communications advisor to the leadership team. The position will report to the Director of Global Internal Communications, with a heavy dotted line to the EVP of the Americas. This is a manager level role with no direct reports.
- Work with the Director of Global Communications and other senior leaders to establish an internal communications strategy for the Americas business that aligns with the global business goals and objectives
- Refine and fine-tune the existing Rhythm of the Business (ROB) calendar, taking a holistic view on all the meetings, engagements and communications between the leadership team and the org, streamlining and maximizing productivity
- Develop, edit, manage, implement / distribute internal communications materials and campaigns that connect employees with company priorities
- Develop compelling executive content and produce materials that include , presentations for all employees, organization-wide emails, blogs/vlogs, podcasts and social media channels
- Research, conduct interviews, write, edit, and post compelling content in multiple formats for various vehicles including the Intranet and Office 365 team sites
- Review essential internal communications prior to dissemination to ensure accuracy, clarity, and appropriateness
- Create PowerPoint presentations and slides that can be used for All Hands and Leadership Team meetings
Executive Program Management
- Assist in content and meeting structure development, ensuring all leadership meetings have defined purpose and appropriate attendees
- Partner with the admin team to manage meeting logistics for key leadership meetings
- Collect key discussion items, decisions and outcomes, and ensure there is follow-up and closure
Interface with internal business partners and functional groups to successfully complete projects, keeping them informed of progress and act as a resource to answer questions
- 6-8+ years communications experience with a portion supporting communications for senior technology executives in a global organization, with insight and sensitivity to cultural influences. Internal communications experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality deliverables with limited guidance from executives, executing calmly and with good judgment in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, English writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Strong executive influence and leadership presence
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, proactive, ability to work both independently and in teams
- Strategic and creative thinker with strong attention to details
- Utmost adherence to confidentiality and business ethics; demonstrates outstanding judgment and discretion
- Strong business acumen, including the ability to understand and relay complex information to various stakeholders
- Ability to build trust and interact with executives with confidence, proactively driving communications outcomes and providing insightful counsel
- Strong project and program management skills, with the ability to keep teams on task and focus on strong execution, through solid stakeholder management and excellent planning and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to the unique tone and style of the executive to deliver credible, authentic communications
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills, including ability to illustrate concepts visually
- Expertise in various communication tools. Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365 experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Public Relations or related field preferred
- Some travel required (up to 30%)