As a key member of the Management Team, the Director of Membership oversees the growth and daily operations of the membership program for the Dallas Zoo. This position is responsible for the development, tracking, and analysis of strategies for ongoing acquisition and renewal of memberships. In addition, the position is responsible for supervising all membership activities including daily operations, cashiers and onsite sales crews, processing, acquisition and retention efforts, and member events. The Director of Membership supervises the Membership Project Manager and the Membership Services Supervisor and team: Membership Event Coordinator, Senior Membership Representative, Membership Representatives, and the Zoo Crew.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for building and maintaining a collaborative, customer-focused, effective Membership program at the Dallas Zoo.
- Working closely with the Vice President of Advancement, devises strategies for successfully acquiring, retaining, and upgrading Zoo members.
- In conjunction with the Special Events Manager, develops and implements various member events, including annual parties, exhibit previews, etc.
- Manages membership fulfillment and sales materials, including inventory control, development of new materials, and working with outside vendors and internal graphics team on design and production of materials.
- Works with the Director of Advancement Services and the Database Specialist to design and maintain insightful and accurate reports on monthly membership levels, campaign efforts, sales, and member attendance. Also works with these colleagues on updating and monitoring online commerce and developing solutions for additional commerce needs.
- Works with the Director of Guest Services and Senior Director of Finance to utilize the Gateway Galaxy ticketing system for reports and efficient admission procedures for membership.
- Works with the Director of Development on programs to encourage increased participation in upper level membership categories.
- Manages Membership mailings through external mail house vendor. Serves as the liaison with direct mail, software, and technology vendors for the Membership department.
- Manages the membership renewal program with strategic input from the Vice President of Advancement.
- Works with the Web Specialist, the Content Specialist, the Marketing Specialist, and the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and coordinate membership emails and newsletters. Helps develop specific messages for each communications piece.
- Reviews and answers emails received in the Membership Information mail box on a daily basis.
- Membership Services Supervisor and Membership Project Manager to ensure they and their teams are fully trained, oriented, and updated on Zoo activities, programs, and membership benefits.
- Functions as the Zoo representative for the community as it relates to membership, including participating in partner events, managing benefits, attending committee meetings, etc.
- Develops and coordinates opportunities for Zoo participation in community and corporate events around the greater Dallas area to promote the Zoo and sell memberships. Works with the Volunteer Department to manage a volunteer crew to staff such events. Coordinates with the Zoo’s Animal Adventures staff for animal outreach efforts at such events.
- Gives regular feedback to direct reports regarding individual and team performances.
- Cross-trained to assist in the Membership Booth on a monthly basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree.
- Three-to-five years of relevant membership experience, with a minimum of two years in a leadership role.
- Membership experience with a nonprofit organization.
- Experience effectively managing other professionals.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Personable presence and demeanor with the desire to engage in personal contact with the external community.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Excellent customer service skills. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Sound judgment and the ability to quickly and effectively solve problems.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively about membership acquisition, retention, and upgrades as part of the Zoo’s efforts to build its membership program. Strong analytical skills required.
- Strategic problem-solver with the ability to advance programs/activities with an array of internal constituents. Must be flexible, self-motivated and a team player, able to work collaboratively with staff members across the Zoo and Children’s Aquarium. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective rapport with all levels of management, employees, and Zoo guests.
- Organized, energetic, detail-oriented, and computer-proficient.
- Willingness and ability to learn and utilize ticketing system and donor management systems.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Dallas Zoo.
- Traditional office hours with some hours, including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work. This may involve some lifting, carrying, moving, pushing, and/or pulling of objects/materials of light weight (15-20 pounds). Some climbing on ladders or over obstacles may be required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license (to operate zoo vehicles) with reliable transportation. Some local and regional travel is expected.
Copy and Paste Link Below into New Browser to Apply: