The World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth seeks a strong Marketing & Communications Director with at least five years of experience in marketing. Your goal will be to maintain and increase the visibility of the Council and all of its programs. The Marketing & Communications department builds membership, promotes the Council’s public speaker events, international education and other initiatives. The marketing director is our chief branding officer.
The candidate should be someone who monitors current affairs and pays attention to national and international news and how it affects local jobs, companies and decisions. Our marketing director helps our Council team reach goal, develops and conveys creative messages, and ensures consistent branding across Council programs while working within a restricted nonprofit budget.
We're looking for a dependable, deadline-oriented and creative self-starter who is also a collaborator, a quick learner and thrives in a high-productivity position. This position requires a skilled communicator who can write, generate ideas and connect with our membership and other stakeholders across all media channels.
This is an intense, pressure-packed but rewarding job if you are ambitious and proud of your product.
- Markets 100 Council programs and speaker events each year, develops promotional strategies (traditional and digital) and creates messaging for the organization.
- Originates and edits content for external channels including web site, weekly emails, e-newsletters, social media and print and advertising collateral.
- Implements marketing plan tactics, including print and web ads, collateral/brochure materials and direct print and email marketing pieces. Directs all phases of the effort—from creative to production and distribution.
- Manages the outsourcing of graphic services for creative print assets including postcards, brochures, fact sheets, donor communications, advertisements, event calendars, invitations, etc.
- Coordinates production schedule, editorial calendar and email schedule and proofs all Council print and digital communications and content.
- Coordinates public relations activities, developing and maintaining relations with regional media through news releases, speaker interview opportunities and story ideas.
- Manages one Interactive Media Coordinator, Independent Contractor Webmaster, and Independent Contractor Creative Content Writer.
- Minimum 5 years’ marketing/media/public relations experience combined with Interest in foreign policy and knowledge of current events.
- Proven experience with media event planning, news/story sense, and knowledge of print, broadcast & electronic media.
- Superior story-telling, written and verbal communication and proofreading skills. Strong project management, problem solving and moving deadline skills.
- Excellent art direction capabilities and working knowledge of current graphic, web and other digital media creation applications.
- Proficiency incorporating digital platforms & social media into a comprehensive communications strategy.
- Position frequently requires tact and diplomacy, and attendance at our events.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to the attention of Martha Powell, Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about us at dfwworld.org. The World Affairs Council is a dynamic non-profit, non-partisan organization that brings international awareness and cross-cultural understanding to the North Texas community and presents distinguished international figures year-round for in-depth interpretation of global events. We have more than 4,000 members. The Council is located in downtown Dallas and offers an excellent benefit package that includes health insurance, a 401(K) plan and paid parking.